Tender Opportunity: Provision of Metering Maintenance Services at the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
Operator of the NNPC/Shell/TEPNG/Agip Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: Provision of Metering Maintenance Services
Reference Tender No.: NG01 01 8393
NipeX Tender No: 0200359.
SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders’ list for subject tender. The contract that will result from this tender will cover: Provision of Metering Maintenance Services for SPDC
Scope of Work
Metering System contracts for the maintenance, management and services for its Allocation Metering and Fiscal gas and liquid metering systems in facilities across the Eastern and Western operations.
To pre-qualify for the above tender, CONTRACTORS must demonstrate the capacity and the technical competence to undertake the scopes below either through own experience or via competent sub-contractors.
The contractor will operate a Maintenance Management Program for the proving and calibrating metering system across the SPDC asset teams of Land and Swamp locations including the Terminals both East and West, herein, swamp and land area in Nigeria.
CONTRACTOR shall provide all work necessary and incidental to the satisfactory provisions of and shall not be limited to, the following:
- Servicing / Proving / Validation and Calibration of Allocation Liquid Metering systems
- Servicing / Proving / Validation and Calibration of Coriolis Liquid Metering systems
- Servicing / Validation and Calibration of Allocation Gas Metering systems
- Servicing / Validation and calibration of Flare gas metering systems
- Servicing / Proving / Validation and Calibration of Fiscal Liquid metering systems
- Servicing / Validation and Calibration of Fiscal Gas Metering systems
- Servicing / Proving / Validation and Calibration of Well Test Liquid Metering System
- Servicing / Validation and Calibration of Well Test Gas Metering System
- Execute metering systems related PM (Preventive Maintenance) on site
- Execute metering systems related CM (Corrective Maintenance) or Unscheduled (Breakdown) on site
- Provision of spares and Replacement of Failed Metering Components
- Non-Course (Hands-on) Training.
- All services must be rendered in strict accordance to regulatory standards set by Weights & Measure Dept.(W&MD), DPR, COMPANY and relevant International Standards.
- Submission of report to the COMPANY showing comprehensive metering maintenance management service rendered outlining values against specified regulations.
- All reported records must correspond to those signed off in the metering maintenance completion notes at the worksite as well as those reported by the corporate asset metering engineer. Falsifications of records, Laboratory test parameters and results, if observed will be investigated and reported to the Regulatory Authorities and may lead to loss of operating licences as well as termination of contracts.
- Routine unannounced technical inspections and HSE audit visits to CONTRACTOR’s yards and Laboratory facility (authorised and incidental) may be carried out to ensure /enforce compliance with DPR regulations. The contractor is required to grant COMPANY and relevant Regulatory Authorities unhindered access to sites, data and laboratories as may be required.
- CONTRACTOR shall be responsible for all environmental pollution, contamination, claims, damages and legal costs and as well as risk the loss of their operating licenses (issued by Regulatory Authorities — and by extension termination of contract) where it is established that incident was caused by the negligence or breach of duty (whether statutory or otherwise), falsification of records and lack of integrity and transparency in the course of metering maintenance
- If either party (COMPANY or CONTRACTOR) becomes aware of any incident likely to give rise to a claim under the above indemnities, they shall notify the other and both parties shall co-operate fully in investigating the incident. Relevant Regulatory Authorises may also be notified where deemed
- The CONTRACT will provide the fell owing services;
- Maintenance planning schedules with reference to SPDC’s PM (Preventative Maintenance) interval
- Servicing, inspection, proving, linearity test, validation and calibration of the PD Meters, Turbine
- Meters, Coriolis Meters, U£Ms, office meter, and its associated ancillary system plant equipment, wherever applicable.
- Faults rectification, testing and re-commission the metering systems in accordance with the requirements of Weights & Measure Dept. (W&MD). DPR and 5PDC
- Management support for spare parts inventories and supply of replacement parts and consumables as required for PM (Preventative Maintenance) / CM (Corrective Maintenance) Specialized service for fiscal gas and liquid metering related activities e.g. gas chromatograph, dew point analysers services and repair.
- Supply of all engineers and technicians and unskilled labour necessary for the maintenance planning , installation and commissioning , supervision and PM (Preventative Maintenance) / CM (Corrective Maintenance) execution,
- Preventative and corrective maintenance history data reporting ,
- Maintenance history analysis and maintenance strategy improvement recommendations
- Equipment availability and performance tracking
The following are the categories of Metering systems
- Fiscal Liquid Metering system
- Fiscal Gas Metering System
- Allocation Liquid Metering System
- Allocation Gas Metering System
- Well Test Liquid Metering System
- Well Test Gas Metering System
- Flare Gas Metering System
(1) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractor are required to be pre-in Metering Equipment and Systems Product/services category 1.10.09 (Cat A-D) in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
(2) To determine if you are pre-qualified and view product/service category you are listed for, open www.nipexng.com and access NJGS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
(3) If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR /W&MD to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate
as evidence for verification and necessary update .
(4) To initiate the JQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
(5) To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
Nigerian Content Requirements
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and set-up in Nigeria
- International or multinational company working through a Nigerian subsidiary must demonstrate that a minimum of 50% of equipment to be deployed for execution of work shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing a list of equipment for this tender and indicating those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary
- Furnish details of company ownership and share holding structure. Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC Forms C02 and C07
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide a Nigerian Content Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such patronage.
- Specific to this work, provide detailed plan for staff training and development on equipment repairs & maintenance and procurement (including all software to be used, number of personnel, name of organization providing such training and evidence of past training record) for Nigerian personnel including description of any specific programs in place for transfer of technology and skills to indigenous businesses and Nigerians over the next five (5) years.
- Location of in-country facilities (Storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and testing facilities)
- Contractor must be willing and able to provide evidence of maximization of made in Nigeria goods and services
- Provide details on any other Nigerian Content initiative your company is involved in.
- Provide evidence of Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) from Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board (NCDMB) or evidence of the application of the certificates
- All operators or project promoters in the Oil and Gas industry launching service contracts or other applicable projects with completion period of 12 months and above shall provide a R & D cluster approved by the Board as part of the operator’s Nigerian Content plan for the project.
- The Arrangement shall be in the form of an MOA and indicate how the operator will deploy the cluster for any R&D requirements during the contract period and the first 5 years of the service life of the field, facility or plant.
- All operators are expected to insert in their ITTs requirements that any service company bidding for such a project such a project shall submit as part of Nigerian Content requirement, a signed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between it and one of the R & D clusters relevant to the project.
- All service companies are required to sign a MOA with any of the research clusters. The MOA shall indicate how the service company intends to use the relevant research clusters during project execution to the satisfaction of the Board.
- Researchers that meet the technical requirements of the Board shall be notified on the Research Cluster they belong to: and they will be required to upload research proposals relevant to their cluster unto the NOG1C JQS portal (http://www.nogicjqcom) on request.
Only Tenderers who ore registered in the NJQS Product/Category 1.10.09 Metering Equipment and Systems (Cat A-D) as at June 23, 2015 being the advert close date are qualified to submit Technical bids.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SPDC to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from SPDC and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- SPDC will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
- This advertisement of “Invitation to tender” shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of NNPC/SPDC to award any form of contract to any company and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents; nor shall it entitle, any company submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NNPC/SPDC and/or any of its partners. NNPC/SPDC reserves the right to take final decision on any of the documents received in the pre-qualification/ Technical package
Visit us on: http://www.shellnigeria.com
Please visit NipeX portal at www.nipexng.com for this advert and other information. Also note that this contract will be progressed through NipeX system.