Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited
A Chevron Company Operator of the Agbami Unit (OML 127/128)
Tender Opportunity: Provision of Deepwater Drilling Unit
NipeX Tender No – 2200099
Star Deep Water Petroleum Limited (Star); a Chevron company and operator of the Agbami field; on behalf of its co-venturers: (FAMFA Oil Limited, Statoil Nigeria Limited, Petroleo Brasileiro Nigeria Limited and Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)); invites interested companies with relevant experience to apply for pre-qualification for the Provision of a Drilling Unit to support deep water drilling and completion operations in the Agbami field. The contract is proposed for a term of two (2) years plus a possible optional term of one (1) year duration.
Scope of Work/Service Requirements
Bidders must be able to provide a deep water drilling unit with a minimum of DSP2 ‘Continuous Dynamic Station Keeping’ capabilities (Moored rigs will not be considered) for maintaining well center with the following technical requirements and specifications at a minimum:
- Operating water depth: 7,500 feet
- Minimum water depth: 300 feet
- Variable deck load (VDL) capacity: -20,000 tonnes or greater
- Well depth rating: 30,000 ft. (Rig will have strings of 5”, 5-7/8” and 6-5/8” DP)
- Triplex mud pumps: Minimum of four (4) triplex pumps @ 2,200 HP and 7500 psi rating sustained working pressure each, plus one (1) dedicated triplex riser boost pump (minimum 400 HP)
- Bulk storage: 20,000 cu. ft.
- Brine storage: 5000 bbls
- Base oil storage: 5000 bbls
- Liquid mud storage: total active and reserve of 11,500 bbls not inclusive of chemical pits, slug pits or waste pits
- Drill water storage: 2,600 m3
- Potable water storage: 1,300 m3
- Offline tubular handling system for riser and tubular make up capabilities.
- Top drive, derrick, and circulating system rated for nominal drilling depths of 30,000 feet
- BOP system: 15,000-psi, 18-3/4” BOP; two annular + six ram preventers with 18-3/4” Multiplex 15K psi, working pressure subsea system with the ability to shear 13-5/8” Q-125 and 9-5/8” Q-125 casing.
- Accommodation: 200-man bed space (minimum) equipped with conference room. Video capability and wireless internet
- Hell-deck certified for an S-92 type helicopter
- Drilling unit must have required capacities for cranes, hoisting, drill strings, risers, and handling equipment and deck space for storage of parts.
- DPR 2002 discharge for hazardous waste compliant per environmental guidelines and standards and ISO 14001 standards.
- Drilling unit’s cooling and similar systems must be Chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) free, (CFC and Halons are not acceptable.)
- Bidder’s current IADC registration.
- Well test cooling/Spray system.
- Ancillary services provided by the Bidder.
- Working class ROV with minimum 100 HP for 10,000ft Water Depth.
- Cementing pump and operator, 15,000 psi.
- V-SAT system, 2MB.
- Vertical/Horizontal centrifuge cuttings dryer capable of achieving 5% or less Base Fluid on Cuttings.
- Drilling Unit shall be classed and certified by Lloyds, the American Bureau of Shipping, or Det Norske Veritas (‘DNY’).
- Drilling Unit shall be physically capable of drilling and testing exploration and development, completing, working over, and abandoning Wells for oil or gas to Drilling depth(s) specified inclusive of running and installing subsea trees.
- Drilling Unit shall be equipped with a Secondary BOP Stack, equal to the Primary BOP
Mandatory Tender Requirements:
(A) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested bidders are required to be pre -qualified in the 3.04.01 (Drilling Rigs) Category A, B, C or D in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successfully pre-qualified bidders in this category by the advert close date will receive an Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
(B) Please note that interested bidders and their proposed sub-contractor(s) shall be required to:
(i) Meet all JQ5 mandatory requirements to be listed as “Pre-qualified” and “Live” for a category in the JQS database.
(ii) Meet all Nigerian Content requirements stated in this advert in their responses to the ITT.
(C) To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
(D) If you are not listed in this product/service category, and you are registered with DPR to do business for this category, please contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi drive, Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
(E) To initiate and complete the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipexng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
Star is committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in accordance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
Pursuant to enactment of the NOGICD Act, the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the schedule to the Act and any other target as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
Interested bidders shall comply with the provisions of the NOGICD Act and all applicable regulations. Bidders that do not meet the Nigerian Content criterion will not be allowed to participate in next tender stage.
The following are the Nigerian Content requirements bidders are expected to comply with in their technical bid submission.
(A) Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian registered company, or a Nigerian registered company in genuine alliance or joint venture with a foreign company, with details of the scope of the alliance or joint venture and responsibilities of the parties for services covered by this tender opportunity provided. Such companies must show evidence of a binding joint venture agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans for physical operational presence and set-up in Nigeria.
(B) Furnish details of company ownership and share holding structure. Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC Forms C02 and C07
(C) Provide evidence of the percentage of 1) key management positions that are held by Nigerians and 2) total work force that are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
(D) Provide a Nigerian Content Plan with a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that will be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content contact or manager.
(E) State proposed total scope of work to be performed by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidence of well equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such patronage.
(F) Specific to this tender opportunity, provide a detailed plan for staff training and development on engineering, project management and procurement (including all software to be used, number of personnel, name of organization providing such training and evidence of past training record) for Nigerian personnel including description of any specific programs in place for transfer of technology and skills to indigenous businesses and Nigerians over the next five (5) years.
(G) Provide evidence of domiciliation of project management and procurement centers in Nigeria with physical addresses (not P.O. Box).
(H) Location of in-country facilities, (equipment, storage, workshops, repair and maintenance facilities and, testing facilities).
(I) Interested bidders must be willing and able to provide evidence of maximization of made in Nigeria goods and services.
(J) Provide details on any other Nigerian Content initiative the bidder is involved in.
(K) Provide evidence of any Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with an Oil and Gas Trainers Association of Nigeria (OGTAN) registered trainer to conduct classroom module of training and on the job attachment
(L) Provide human capacity building development plan including budget which must be a minimum 15% of project man-hours or 3% of contract cost. Training must be targeted at developing capacity other than bidder’s personnel. Trainees will be nominated from a database maintained by NCDMB and the services of OGTAN registered trainers utilized to cover classroom modules.
(M) Provide details of equipment ownership.
(N) Interested bidders are required to present Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) issued by the NCDMB (or evidence of application for the certificate) in respect of any components, spares, equipments, systems and packages to be used in the proposed project under tender
(O) All interested bidders are required to submit as part of the Nigerian Content requirement, a signed Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between it and one of the research and development (R&D) clusters established by the NCDMB. The MOA shall be relevant to the project and shall indicate how the bidder intends to use the relevant R&D clusters during project execution
Only bidders who are registered with NJQS Product/Category 3.04.01 (Drilling Rigs) Category A, B, C or D by 4:00 pm, Monday 20th July, 2015 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit technical bid.
Please note the following:
(1) To be eligible for this tender opportunity, interested bidders are expected to be pre-qualified in NJQS under this product/service category.
(2) The ITT and any further progression of this tender shall be via NipeX.
(3) All costs incurred by an interested bidder in preparing and processing NJQS pre-qualification shall be for the bidder’s account.
(4) This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of Star to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle pre-qualified bidders to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from Star and or any of its co-venturers by virtue of such bidders having been pre-qualified in NJQS.
(5) The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified bidders to submit technical tenders first. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified bidders will be requested to submit commercial tenders.
(6) Star will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying bidder and not through individuals or agents.
Please visit NipeX portal at www.nipexng.com for this advert and other information.
Star Deep Water (a Chevron Corporation affiliate) is the operator of the Agbami Field. Other participants are Famfa Oil Limited, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). Texaco Nigeria Outer Shelf Inc. (a Chevron Corporation affiliate).
Statoil Nigeria Limited, and Petroleum Brasileiro Nigeria Limited.
2 Chevron Drive, Lekki Peninsula, P.M.B, 12625, Lagos