Tender Opportunity: Corporate Substation Upgrade Services for SPDC at The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
Operator of the NNPC/Shell/EPNL/Agip Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: Corporate Substation Upgrade Services for SPDC
Infrastructures in Port Harcourt, FLBs and Lagos
Reference Tender No. NGO1016920
SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders list for subject tender. The contract that will result from this tender will be for Corporate Substation Upgrade Services for SPDC Infrastructures in Port Harcourt, FLBs and Lagos.
2.0 Scope of Work:
This contract is required for:
- Supply and Installation of adequately rated HV/LV Switchboards, Power Transformers (11/0.4 KV) and 110V DC power Supply Units in accordance with Shell DEP, detailed design and Specification.
- Civil and Structural Design of Generator House and Substation Building in accordance with Shell DEP and Specification.
- Construction and upgrade of Electrical Substations & Generator Houses in accordance with Shell DEP and Construction Specification.
- Civil Works for concrete foundations and erection of Power Transformers.
- Supply and Installation of adequately rated 11KV, 3-core XLPE cables, LV 600/1000V armored cables and earth cables in accordance with Specification.
- Mechanical and Electrical works associated with the installation of HV/LV Switchgear and auxiliaries.
- Construction of Earthing System in accordance with Specification.
- Testing and Commissioning of the installed equipment.
- Production of soft and hard copies of design drawings with subsequent update to as-built drawings.
- Training of O&M personnel in new installation operation and new technology.
- Supply and installation of spares for electrical equipment
3.0 Mandatory Requirements:
1. To be eligible for this exercise, interested contractors are required to be prequalified in any of this work category in, NipeX Joint Qualification (NJQS) database 3.05.02. All successful pre-qualified supply category will receive a Technical Invitation to Tender (ITT).
2. To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service you are listed for: open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on “Continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool” button, click “check my supplier status” and then click “Supplier Product Group”.
3. If you are not listed in the product/service category but you are registered in DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your valid DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
4. To initiate the NJQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
5. To be eligible all tenderers must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in NipeX.
4.0 Nigerian Content Requirements:
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and set-up in Nigeria
- International or multinational company working through a Nigerian subsidiary must demonstrate that a minimum 90% of equipment to be deployed for execution of work shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing a list of equipment for this tender and indicating those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Furnish details of company ownership and share holding structure. Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC Forms CO2 and CO7.
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide a Nigerian Content Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such patronage.
- Specific to this project, provide detailed plan for staff training and development on engineering, project management and procurement (including all software to be used, number of personnel, name of organization providing such training and evidence of past training record) for Nigerian personnel including description of any specific programs in place for transfer of technology and skills to indigenous businesses and Nigerians over the next five (5) years.
- Provide evidence of domiciliation of project management and procurement centres in Nigeria with physical addresses (not RO. Box).
- Location of in-country facilities (Equipment, storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and, testing facilities)
- Contractor must be willing and able to provide evidence of maximization of made in Nigeria goods and services.
- Provide details on any other Nigerian Content initiative your company is involved in
5.0 Closing Date:
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS in the Electrical/Instrument (3.05.02) category as at 31/12/2013 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
6.0 Additional Information:
- Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be prequalified in NJQS under the relevant product/service categories.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit technical tenders first. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be requested to submit commercial tenders.
- SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
- Expected Contract Award Date. Q2 2014
Contract Duration: 2 years + 1 year extension option
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and for other information.