Kano State Commercial Agriculture Development Association (CADA)
Kano State Commercial Agriculture Development Project
Invitation for Bids
Credit No. 4539 – UNI
Construction of Farm Access Roads in Kano State
IFB No. CADP/KNCADP/CADA/FAR/NCB/01/2013
1. This Invitation for Bid follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for the Commercial Agriculture Development Project which appeared in Development Business issue no. WB 3108-756/09 and “This Day” Newspaper of 22nd July 2009.
2. The Kano State Government through the Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (herein referred to as IDA) towards the cost of Commercial Agriculture Development Project (CADP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to eligible payments (through CADA) under the contract for Construction of Farm Access Roads.
3. The Kano State Commercial Agriculture Development Association (CADA) of Kano State Commercial Agriculture Development Project (KNCADP) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Construction of selected road as described below:
|Name of Site
|Location In Local Govt. Area
|Bid Security Amount in Naira
|Kaurar Mata road net work
4. Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement of Civil Works under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and is open to all bidders from eligible Source Countries as defined in the Guidelines.
5. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding document at the Kano State Commercial Agriculture Development Project (KNCADP), at the address given below from 10.00am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
6. Qualifications requirement include:
i) Average annual financial amount of construction work over the last 5 years as follows:
Average Annual Turnover (N) 2,297,719,087.64
ii) Experience as prime contractor in the carrying out at least two projects of similar nature and complexity equivalent to the works over the last 5 years (to comply with this requirement, the work cited should be at least 70% complete)
iii) Availability (own. lease, hire, etc) of the essential equipment as listed in the Bidding Data Sheet.
iv) A Contract Manager with 10 years’ experience in construction works of an equivalent nature and volume including not less than 5 years as Contract Manager and:
v) Liquid assets net requirement for the lot is as listed below
Liquid Asset (N) 797,500,000.00
7. A complete set of Bidding Document in English Language may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a non refundable fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000.00) or its equivalent in any freely convertible currency. The method of payment will be by cash or bank draft in favor of Kano State Commercial Agriculture Development Project (KNCADP). The document will be collected by bidder’s representative or sent by courier services on request.
8. Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 12.00 Noon on Monday 6th January, 2014 and must be accompanied by a bid security in the amount staled in the table in paragraph 3 above. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected.
9. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend on Monday 6th January, 2014 by 12.00 Noon, at the address below:
The Stale Project Coordinator,
Kano State Commercial Agriculture Development Project Office,
KNARDA Ultra Modern Conference Hall,
KNARDA Office Complex,
Km 9Hadejia Road,