Tender Opportunity: Field Telecommunications Standardization Project at Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
Operators of the NNPC/Shell/EII/Agip Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: Field Telecommunications Standardization Project
Tender REF: NG01017747 NIPEX Tender Number: 0200332
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) as Operators of the joint Venture between Itself and the Nigeria National Petroleum Development Corporation (NNPC), on behalf of the Joint Venture is seeking for interested and qualified Telecoms service Providers for Field Telecommunications Standardization Project within its operational areas in Part Harcourt, Warri, Lagos and Abuja. SPDC has a large telecommunications network covering office locations, residential locations, field logistics bases, rigs sites etc. SPDC invites submission from reputable Nigerian registered composes having professional experience in provision of telecommunications services.
The proposed contract will commence in April 2015 tentatively and remain active for three (3) years.
Scope of Work
The scope of work for the services shall include but not be limited to:
- Detailed network design for microwave radio
- Procurement of hardware, software-and installation materials
- Installation, integration, commissioning and handover of new systems
- Optimisation of links in operation by way of modifying the throughput upwards or downwards
- Decommission of existing / legacy systems
- Post installation support / maintenance services
- Carrying out earthing and lightning survey, preventive maintenance and remediation
- Carrying out radio hut renovation and refurbishment activities
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified as essential service vendors in the 3.11.20. Telecommunication Installation/Support Services (Product/Services) category in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) dalo base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will-receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view product/service category you are listed for, open www.nipexng.com and access-NJQS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool,, click: check my supplier status end then click supplier product group.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkon Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Logos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the NJQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
Nigerian Content Requirements
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisos of Nigerian Oil & Gas industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and set-up in Nigeria.
- International or multinational company working through a Nigerian subsidiary must demonstrate that a minimum of 50% of equipment to be deployed for execution of work shall beowned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing o list of equipment for this tender and indicating those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Furnish details of company ownership and share holding structure. Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC Forms CO2 and CO7.
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the-total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide o Nigerian Content Plan providing o detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such patronage.
- Specific to this work, provide detailed plan for staff training and development on equipment repairs & maintenance and procurement (including all software to be used, number of personnel, name of organization providing such training and evidence of past training record) for Nigerian personnel including description of any specific programs in place for transfer of technology and skills to indigenous businesses and Nigerians over the next five (5) years.
- Location of in-country facilities (Storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and tasting facilities)
- Contractor must he willing and able to provide evidence of maximization of made in Nigeria goods and services.
- Provide details on any other Nigerian Content inflictive your company is involved
Only Tenderers who are registered in the 3.11.20-Telecommunication Installation/Support Services NJQS product/category as at 10th October, 2014 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical bids.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SPDC to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from SPDC and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in
- SPDC will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and not through individuals or
Please visit NipeX portal at www.nipexng.com for this advert and other information. Also note that this contract will be progressed through NipeX system.