Request for Expression of Interest (EoI) for Consultancy Services for Skills Scan in Six States at Federal Government of Nigeria Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO)
Federal Government of Nigeria Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO)
Federal Operations Coordinating Unit, (FOCU, YESSO),
Request for Expression of Interest (EoI) for Consultancy Services for Skills Scan in Six States
Project ID No.: P 126964
Credit No: 52120-UNI
Consultant’s Qualification – EOI No. YESSO/FOCU/CQS/14/01
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) in the form of a credit toward the cost of Youth Employment and Social Support Operations (YESSO). The Borrower intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this credit to eligible payments under the contract for the consulting services for the Skills Scan for Six (6) States.
The objective of the study will include:
- To ascertain demand driven vocational skills, sector specific skills and life skills modules peculiar to the states concerned.
- To identify and assess capacity (competence, available equipment, tools, etc) of the enterprise in providing vocational skills training and internship.
- To make recommendation on the types of training, guideline and methodology including curriculum development and placement on the demand-driven skills.
The study will focus on the “Skills for Job” component of YESSO and will cover six (6) states of Bauchi, Cross Rivers, Ekiti, Niger, Oyo and Kwara. This study will specifically aim to:
- Identify and review existing skill development programme relevant to emerging labour demand by sector in collaboration with professional associations/State Government. This is with a view to establishing strategies and mechanism to meet current and future demands.
- Identify and categorize private sector umbrella and examine their capacity to provide apprenticeship/internship.
iii. Identify emerging skills’ (life skills inclusive) requirements of both formal and informal sectors.
- Identify enterprises that would provide training/internship in the established vocational skills in urban and semi-urban areas across the six participating states.
- Identify and propose innovative methodology of skills development for greater effectiveness, efficiency and impact of the operation.
- Propose key elements for the most demand-driven vocational skills and sectors in conjunction with private sector umbrella organisations.
vii. Propose assessment tools and certification mechanism for skills development programme in order to reinforce credibility.
- The Federal Operations Coordinating Office, YESSO now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are as follows: (Brochures, description of similar assignments, experience of working in a similar geographical region, availability of appropriate skills among staff etc.)
The firm of consultants must:
- Be registered to undertake consultancy services in
- Have adequate personnel to undertake the Skills Scan responsibility.
- Possess good knowledge on labour demands and role of private sector.
- Possess previous experience in institutional capacity assessment.
- Possess effective communication skill; and
- Possess good knowledge of a standard business enterprise that can provide skills training/internship.
- Must have qualified staff, (for each State, as the Skill Scan would be done concurrently in all the six states).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011), (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the Work) Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications.
Consulting firms will be selected in accordance with the Consultants Qualification selection method set out in the Consults
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours, Mondays to Friday, 10a.m. to 5 p.m.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail).
Interested consulting firms should submit one (1) original copy and two (2) copies of the above detailed information in English language in envelope marked: Expression of interest -Consultancy services for the skills Scan for YESSO”.
Expressions of Interest should reach the above office not later than Friday 17th October 2014.
Federal Operations Coordinating Unit,
Youth Employment and Social Support Operations,
Phase II, Room 211, 2nd Floor,
Federal Ministry of Finance,
Central Business District Abuja