Nigerian Institute for Trypanosomiasis Research
(Federal Ministry of Science and Technology)
Private Mail Bag 2077 Kaduna
NITR 2014 Capital Projects
Invitation for Tendering
With sincere apologies we deeply regret to announce the cancellation of our previous advertisement on page 10 in the Federal Tenders Journal of Monday, September 8 Sunday, September 21 2014 because it contained errors in the Eligibility Criteria that are at variance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2007. The errors have been rectified in this advertisement and we hereby invite Competent and Reputable Contractors and Suppliers to submit Bid Documents for the Institute’s year 2014 Capital Project LOTs under the following captions:
- Procurement of Scientific Equipment for Laboratories.
- Procurement of Drugs, Laboratory Reagents and other Consumables.
- Procurement of Office and Laboratory Cabinets, Furniture, Computer and Accessories.
- Procurement of Security Gadgets and Time Attendance Management System.
- Procurement and Installation of Solar Panels, Inverters, Ceiling Projectors and Accessories.
- Rehabilitation and Furnishing Projects.
- Procurement of Equipment for Tsetse fly Mass Rearing Facility for PATTEC-Nigeria.
- Procurement of Project Vehicles
B) Eligibility Criteria/Requirements:
Prospective contractors and suppliers shall be required to submit the following documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation and Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Evidence of Company Tax Clearance Certificate for the last Three (3) years (2011, 2012, and 2013).
- Evidence of Value Added Tax (VAT) Registration Certificate.
- Current Pension Clearance Certificate from PENCOM.
- Evidence of Compliance Certificate with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act No 19 of 2011.
- Detailed Company Profile indicating CVs/Professional Qualification(s) of Key Company Staff.
- Evidence of Verifiable Financial Capability/Reference Letter from a Reputable Bank (attach Bank Reference Letter).
- Evidence of Experience in Jobs of similar Nature and Complexity executed within the last Five (5) years with verifiable letters of Contract Award and Certificate of Job Completion
- A Sworn Affidavit that all the Information/Documents provided is/are correct and Verifiable by the Organization
- Audited Financial Statement of the company for the past 3 years (2011, 2012 and 2013) are to be attached.
- Payment of N10, 000.00 processing fee for each LOT.
Collection of Bid Documents
The Bid Documents should be collected from the office of the Head of Procurement Unit, NITR, Kaduna.
Submission of Documents
- The Documents for each LOT must be submitted and arranged in the order of sequence mentioned in (B) above.
- Each submission should be sealed in an A3- Envelope size, containing both Technical and Financial Bids separately, on A4 Sized Envelopes. The Job LOT number MUST be clearly written at the top left hand corner of the Envelopes and the Name of the Company making the submissions at the back of the Envelopes.
- The document should be addressed to the:
Nigerian Institute for Trypanosomiasis Research (NITR)
P.M.B. 2077, No. 1, Surame Road, U/Rimi, Kaduna
- The enveloped document should be deposited in the Tenders Box in the Office of the Acting Director, Administration & Finance on or before 12:00 noon, Thursday, November 27th 2014.
Opening of Bids:
The Bid will be opened on 12:00 noon, Thursday, November 27 2014 at the NITR Headquarters Auditorium, Kaduna.
All bidders participating in the exercise should note that NITR is not bound to give anyone a contract. The criteria set up will be used strictly for the assessment and determination of the eventual winner.
- The submission must be specific and should clearly state area of proven competence and interest.
- Only Companies whose Technical Bids satisfy the evaluation criteria for eligibility shall have their Financial Bids considered.
- NITR is not bound to select the lowest bidder as other criteria are also considered.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NITR nor shall it entitle responding companies to seek any indemnity from NITR by virtue of such companies having responded to the advertisement.
- NITR reserves the right to verify the authenticity of claims made by any tendering company.
- NITR shall reserve the right to reject any submission based on unverifiable information.