Federal College of Education, Abeokuta
Invitation for [A] Pre-Qualification of Contractors and Tendering for Computerization of College Administration and
[B] Expression of Interest for Prospective Consultants for Staff Capacity Development
The Federal College of Education, Abeokuta established in 1976 is poised to be the preferred Centre of Excellence among Colleges of Education in Nigeria with the mission to produce highly motivated and skilled teachers for primary and junior secondary schools and ultimately senior secondary schools in Nigeria through:
- All round total quality teaching, research and community service.
- Standard practiced and values
- Deployment of e-administration
Presently, the College has close to 800 staff members spread over academic, non-teaching senior and junior staff. The need to train and retrain the team of staff has necessitated effective and sustainable capacity building structure to drive home the College vision and mission. In addition the College is desirous of digitalized expansion and operation at local and international levels as the first tertiary institution in Ogun State in order to facilitate effective teaching, learning, research and e-administration of the College.
A. Computerization of College Administration
It is a design, configuration and installation of hardware and software components to facilitate e-administration of the college and achieve digitalized strategic growth, e-learning, research and e-development of the college. This scope is phase I in line with the approved envelope.
B. Expression of Interest
The College also requests for Expulsion of Interest that will lead to selection of Eligible Consultancy firms to carry out capacity building in Corporate Governance and Management to cover the following sub-themes:
(a) e-administration and e-teaching
(b) Leadership and Strategic Management.
(c) Entrepreneurships, Skill acquisition and Project Management
(d) Infrastructure planning, acquisition and e-Development
Conditions for Eligibility
Interested Contractors/Consulting firms are required to submit pre-qualification documents detailing their Company’s capabilities. The contractors/consulting firms should be registered with relevant professional body. Contractors/Firms must be willing to enter into a formal agreement with the College.
Submissions must be accompanied with the following:
i) Verifiable evidence of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission with incorporation no. boldly indicated on the front page of company’s profile letter.
ii) Verifiable evidence of TAX clearance certificate for the last three (3) years with Tax Identification Number (TIN) boldly indicated on the certificate.
iii) Evidence of VAT registration.
iv) Evidence of valid certificate of compliance with Pension Act issued by National Pension Commission (PENCOM).
v) Evidence of audited account of the firm by ANAN/ICAN members for the last three years indicating the share capital.
vi) Evidence of remittance to I.T.F
vii) Verifiable office and workshop address (es); Not P.O. Box but should include telephone nos. of company directors.
viii) Verifiable list of executed similar jobs (i.e. Letters of awards and Certificates of Practical Completion.
ix) Evidence from the company’s bankers as to its financial capability to undertake the project.
x) A comprehensive company profile for contractors to include verifiable key Nigerian professional body registration certificate of staff (e.g. COREN, COAN for [a] above and relevant bodies for [b].
- Arrangement of documents (in soft and hard copies) should follow the order in the list above appropriately numbered.
Each parcel should have a table of content indicating the pages on which these items are to be found.
The complete pre-qualification and tender documents must be forwarded in a sealed envelope and marked at the top left hand corner Confidential and boldly written Pre-Qualification for Tender for (Project Name)in case of [a] and Expression of Interest in case of [b] above to be addressed to:
Federal College of Education, P.M.B 2096
The schedule of the pre-qualification process for both [A] and [B] is as follows: Opens: Thursday October 24, 2013
Closes: Thursday December 5, 2013
- Incorrect address or labelled submission and those received after the closing date shall be rejected.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the pan of FCE, Abeokuta nor shall it entitle any company to make any claim whatsoever or compensation having responded to the advertisement.
- All expenses incurred in preparing the documents and all expenses otherwise associated with this exercise shall be borne solely by the prospective company that has been successfully screened and found suitable to provide the services.
- Only suitably pre-qualified contractors/consulting firms will get their bids opened
- Interested companies/consultants are expected to:
- Pay a non-refundable lee of N15,000.00 in respect of [A] and N5,000 only in respect of [B] to the College Bursary
- Accompany their bids with affidavit of disclosure, if any officer of FCE, Abeokuta is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bid.
- Ensure that all relevant documents are submitted to the tender box on or before 12noon Thursday 5th December 2013.
All documents received will be opened at 1.00pm on the closing date at FCE Music Recital Hall.