Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) at Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD)
The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Federal Ministry Of Agriculture And Rural Development (FMA&RD) Selection of Private Sector Operators for the off take of Agricultural Equipment Hiring Enterprise (AEHE)
Request for Expression of Interest (EOI)
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD) in pursuit of the Federal Government’s Agricultural Transformation Agenda (ATA) has created an enabling environment for a private sector driven Agricultural Mechanisation Frame work (PSDAMF) with a view to rendering mechanization services to Nigerian farmers nationwide.
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, in collaboration with the Bank of Agriculture (BOA) and Agro-Machineries Manufacturers Representatives in an intervention programme have designed and intend to establish Eighty (80) Agricultural Equipment Hiring Enterprise (AEHE) centres which shall be located around but not limited to Staple Crops Processing Zones, One Stop Shop Agro-Input Centres, Fadama III farming communities and other demand driven locations. The Centres to be established shall be equipped with the following Machineries to be provided by the Government:
List of Agro Machineries Per Agricultural Equipment Hiring Enterprise
|5||Tip ping Trailer
|6||Mini Combined Rice Harvester/cassava harvester
The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in partnership with Bank of Agriculture and Manufacturers Representatives call for Expression of Interest from interested individuals, farmers groups, Cooperative organizations, commercial farmers, Agriculture related NGOs. Companies and other Corporate bodies in Nigeria to off take the Agricultural Equipment Hiring Enterprise. In the proposed arrangement, the Bank of Agriculture, the Ministry and the Vendors will provide a Refinancing Platform for SPOs up to 80% of the total cost of an AEHE centre payable in an accumulative 4 years tenure and with an interest free Moratarium regime for a certain period of time, while the Service Providers Operator is expected to provide 20% of the cost before off taken.
The SPOs may consist of an individual, single firm or a consortium of firms with the financial; legal, technical or other specialist expertise required to successfully manage the centres.
General Eligibility Requirements
Expressions of Interest (EOIs) from prospective SPOs should specify the following information as the basis for prequalification:
- Evidence of Incorporation/registration of the organization.
- Company/Cooperative/Organisations profile, which should include CVs of key personnel with evidence of experience in farming or farm Mechanisation Administration.
- Evidence of demand for Mechanize services in the proposed location (Minimum of 1500ha).
- Financial capability showing profitability, including audited accounts for the last three years (2010-2012).
- Ability to raise 20% equity (Cooperative group funds, personal or shareholder’s Investment) of the total cost of an AEHE.
- Evidence of fenced Physical Location or readiness to build it within the shortest possible period where AEHE centre will be located:
- A certification/Affidavit that the firm has never been black listed by any Organisation or has been Bankrupt.
- Compensation Act which requires that all Employers of Labour must remit 1% of the total annual emolument of their workers to the Nigerian Social insurance Trust Fund (as applicable)
Additional Requirement for Existing Mechanized Service Provider
- Relevant experience in the Agricultural sector (including technical competence)
- Experience working in Nigeria and/ or sub-Saharan Africa.
- Financial Capacity Profile of the firm and Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Evidence of registration with Pencom
- Evidence of payment of Training Contributions to Industrial Training Fund (ITF); for Nigerian Farms
- Evidence of compliance with the Employees’
- Evidence of past Mechanized services rendered to farmers
- Structure of the enterprise or readiness to follow laid down structure
- Evidence of ownership of tractors/Mechanised equipments, maintenance and services strategy for the past years.
Additional Requirement for Farmers Cooperatives Association and Agric Related NGOS
- Article of Association
- Evidence of farming activities
Requirement for Registration and Accreditation for Existing Mechanized Service Providers as AEHE
- Minimum of Three (3) Tractors
- Must have some harvest and post harvest equipment
- Must have an administrative structure that includes manager, accountant, leasing officer, engineer/supervisor and office clerk
- Must have past mechanized services rendered to farmers and monetary charges per hectare or services rendered.
Submission of EOI
Expressions of Interest must be submitted, separate bids for each Location, where necessary, in six (6) copies (one original & five copies) in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Selection of Private Sector Operators for the Off Take of Agricultural Equipment Hiring Enterprise (AEHE)” clearly stating the tot number, and it should be hand delivered not later than 12noon on 2nd December, 2013 to the address below:
Ministerial Tenders Board,
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
1st Floor, Room 213,
FCDA Secretariat, Area 11,
Opening of EOI
All EOIs will be opened immediately after the close of submission of bids at the Conference Room B, Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development Area 11, FCDA Secretariat, Garki Abuja in the presence of all the interested firms in attendance.
Please note that:
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited for further consideration.
- Late submission will be rejected.
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of FMA&RD to appoint any consultant nor shall it entitle any consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from FMA&RD/ICRC.
- Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm, Monday through Friday (except public holidays).
Ibukun Odusote (Mrs)