Invitation for Bids (IFB); Supply of Workshop Machines and Equipment for Metalwork and Building Construction for Skills Training and Vocational Education Project
Specific Procurement Notice
(International Competitive Bidding)
Federal Republic Of Nigeria
Skills Training and Vocational Education Project
Invitation for Bids (IFB)
Supply of Workshop Machines and Equipment for Metalwork and Building Construction
Loan No: 2100150010394
SPN NO: ICR/STVEP/EQT/02/2014
- This Invitation for Bids follows the publication of the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in United Nations Development Business Issue No 662, of 16th September 2005.
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a loan from the African Development Fund in various currencies towards the cost of the Skills Training and Vocational Education Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for the Supply of Workshop Machines and Equipment for Metalwork and Building construction to some of the beneficiary institutions under the project.
- The Project Coordinating Unit on the behalf of the Federal Ministry of Education now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Supply of Workshop Machines and Equipment for Metalwork and Building construction packaged into two lots. Each lot forms a separate contract as follows:
|Place of Delivery
|3 Nos. Air Compressor And Kit, 3 Nos. Air Spray Gun & Air Line, 3 Nos. Bench Morticer, 3 Nos. Thicknesser/ Planer, 3 Nos. Jointer. 3 Nos. Redial Arm Saw, 3 Nos. Wood Lathe, 3 Nos. Circular Saws, 3 Nos. Heavy duty Sewing Machines for upholstery, 3 Nos. Hand Held Sewing Machines for Upholstery, 3 Nos. Mixer Machines, 3 Nos. Concrete Block Making Machine-Egg Laying Type, 3 Nos. Automatic Lightweight Telescopic Level, 3 Nos. Digital Theodolites, 3 Nos. Vibrating Pokers, 3 Nos. Spindle Moulders, 3 Nos. Combined Universal Woodworker machines, 3 Nos. Wide Band Sand Papering Machines (Medium) and other construction equipment.
|Ondo, Borno and Abia States
|180 Nos. of Wei ding Holders (250AMP, 300AMP, 400AMP), 6 Nos. Seam welding Machines, 12 Nos. Arc welding machines (inverter), 6 Nos. Spot welding Machines, 12 Nos. Arc welding Machines, 12 Nos. Welding Cylinders (Acetylene cylinder), 12 Nos. Welding Cylinders (Oxygen cylinder), 5 Nos. Metal folding machines, 3 Nos. Universal Milling Machines, 3 Nos, Heavy Duty Precision Lathes, 3 Nos. Drilling machines, 3 Nos. Metal Cutting Bandsaws and other metalwork and welding equipment||FCT, Abia, Ondo, Borno, Enugu and Lagos States
- Eligible bidders can bid for more than one of the contracts/lots, subject to their ability to satisfy the aggregate qualification requirements for the combination of contracts/lots bided for.
- The amount for the bid security is as follows
– Lot 1: Five thousand dollars ($5,000.00) or Eight hundred thousand (N800,000.00) Naira only
– Lot 2: Seven thousand dollars ($7,000.00) or One million and one hundred thousand Naira (N 1,100,000.00)
A separate bid security shall be presented for each tot. Consolidating the values of bid securities of multiple lots into a single bid security will render the bids non- responsive.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the office address below, or in the case of clarifications, by mail using the email address: email@example.com . A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by the interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the Project Manager, Project Coordinating Unit, ADF Assisted Skills Training and Vocational Education Project located at address below, and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of sixteen thousand Naira only (N16,000.00) or one hundred US Dollars (US$100) or the equivalent of the dollar amount in any freely convertible currency. All payments must be made into the following account:
Name: FME/ADB Assisted Skills Training and Vocational Education
Bank: EcoBank Nigeria Ltd.
SORT Code: 056080207
- The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods, June 2010.
- Bids shall be valid for a period of 120 (One Hundred and Twenty) days after bid submission closing date.
- Bids must be delivered to the Project Coordinating Unit at the address below before 12:00 noon local time on 9 October, 2014, and must be accompanied by a bid security in the required amount.
- Bids will be opened at the same office and at 12:30 p.m. local time on the same date of bid closing date and in the presence of bidder’s representatives who choose to attend. Please note that electronic bid submission shall not be entertained.
- A pre-bid conference will be beld at the address below on 15 September, 2014 to allow Bidders’ questions on the bidding documents to be answered. Bidders are required to submit any questions in writing to the address for Bid submission or by email to the email address in paragraph (6) above.
The Project Manager
Project Coordinating Unit
Plot 644, Zambezi Crescent, Opposite ETF Building
Off Aguiyi Ironsi Way, Maitama, Abuja
Tel: +234 92917718