Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Contractors for Construction Work at Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission
The Federal Republic of Nigeria
Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission
Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Contractors for Construction Work at the Premises of Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) Kano Zonal Office
The Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC) is an Agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria mandated to coordinate, encourage, monitor and provide necessary assistance and guidance for investment in Nigeria for both Nigerians and non-Nigerians.
The NIPC Wants to undertake the development six (6) storey building at the premises of the NIPC Zonal office Kano to serve as office accommodation for the kano zonal office of the One Stop Investment Centre (OSIC) with lettable spaces and other services .
2. Scope of Works:-
The Project is a commercial development made up of offices for One Stop Investment Centre (OSIC), lettable offices and other services Accommodations on a six (6) storey structure located in the Government Reserved Area (GRA) of the commercial and historical city of Kano. The scope of works shall include but shall not be limited to:
- Site preparation including removal of affected existing structure
- Construction of a Six (6) Storey Concrete Frame structure finished with curtain walls arid Alucobond externally
- Mechanical installation shall include abour four number lifts, central or unit-specific air-conditioning and state of the art plumbing systems, information technology infrastructure, multimedia systems etc
- Excellent electrical installation.
- Soft and Hard landscaping works
- External works and other services.
3. Pre-Qualification Requirements
Interested Contractors are invited to submit a proposal and documentation of the following (please note that originals may be required for sighting on request by NIPC):
- A complete detail profile of the contractor and proposal delineating the program and indicating the professional ability and competence of the Contractor (s) to address such an assignment efficiently.
- Evidence of Incorporation of the company (or companies forming a consortium to address the assignment) with CAC of Nigeria, including Articles, and Memorandum of Association.
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate with clear TIN.
- Evidence of VAT Registration
- Evidence of registration with Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE), Council for regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) or relevant professional registration
- Evidence of professionally qualified and registered personnel capable of handling the job.
- Companies Financial standing backed by a reference letter from reputable Bank
- Audited Accounts from a recognized Auditing Firm.
- Evidence of similar works executed in the past/Job Completion Certificate.
- Equipment schedule and location
- Where more than one company is involved, a copy of the Partnership arrangement must be included with the submission duly signed, and sealed by each company in the team.
- Evidence of compliance with Pension act of 2004 Act, NHIS Act, NSITF Act, ITF Act
- NIPC’s representatives may need to inspect the Contractor’s corporate offices and their major partners, the plants and equipment available and prove any other details which may not be very dear in the submission.
- Submission of any other relevant additional details that will enhance the confidence of NIPC into working with the Contractor.
- Compliance with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria act
4. Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents.
Pre-qualification documents shall be submitted in sealed envelopes in three (3) hard copies. The envelopes must be properly labelled
“Prequalification of Contractors for the Development of Kano OSIC office”
The Executive Secretary
Nigerian investment Promotion Commission (NIPC)
Plot 1181, Aguiyi Ironsi Street
Federal Capital Territory,
To reach him before 12:00 noon on 4th December 2013 Submissions will be opened in the presence of Bidders or their accredited representatives on the same day at 2pm for the purpose of recording contents of each submission transparently in the Conference Room of the NIPC. Every prequalifying Company must be physically represented.