Invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI) for Contracts/Services at Federal University, Dutsin-ma, Katsina State
Federal University, Dutsin-MA
PMB 5001 Dutsin-MA, Katsina State
Invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI) for Contracts/Services
Federal University, Dutsin-ma, Katsina State proposes to implement, under the year 2013 Appropriation and Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETF) Special (2012) Intervention, and therefore seeks EOI for:
(A) The Remodeling of Male Hostel
(B) Construction of Office Blocks
(C) Appointment as External Auditors
The external Auditors that are to audit the accounts of Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina State from May, 2011 to December, 2012 are hereby invited from auditors who have registered or renewed their registration with the office of the Auditor-General for the Federation.
The University Information:
Federal University, Dutsin-ma was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in the fourth quarter of 2010 through the approval of the Federal Executive Council, together with eight other universities. The institution was established for the purpose of increasing access to university education and ensuring equitable distribution of federally owned universities. The University is located in Dutsin-Ma Local Government Area of Katsina State, about 65km south of Katsina.
Prospective contractors or consultants shall be required to submit the following prequalification documents:
1. Evidence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
2. Evidence of company registration with relevant professional regulatory body.
3. Evidence of tax-clearance for the past three years.
4. Audited account for the last three years
5. Evidence of VAT registration and remittance
6. Verifiable evidence of having successfully completed similar works in the past
7. Company profile with names and qualifications including photocopies of credentials of key technical personnel, including registered addresses, functional email addresses, GSM phone number(s), etc.
8. Sworn affidavit that no officer of the Federal University Dutsin-Ma is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder; and none of the Directors of the company seeking pre-qualification has been convicted of any criminal offence and the company is not under receivership. The affidavit is to also confirm the authenticity of information presented in the firm’s pre-qualification documents to be true in all particulars.
9. Evidence of compliance with the National Pensions Act as it concerns the firm’s employees.
10. Evidence of fulfillment of obligation to Industrial Training Fund.
11. Any other relevant information that will be helpful in determining the bidder’s suitability for the works.
Consultants/Contractors seeking any clarification should contact the University Procurement Officer between the working hours of 10am – 3pm during the validity period of this advert.
i. All pre-qualification submissions should be accompanied by the listed documents (bond in the order listed) and forwarded in a wax-sealed envelope boldly marked at the top-left comer “EOI (indicating the preferred services(s) or contracts(s)) for Federal University Dutsin-ma” and addressed to:
The University Procurement Officer,
Federal University, Dutsin-Ma,
PMB 5001, Dutsin-Ma,
ii. The sealed envelope should contain the above-stated amount as non-refundable N20,000 administrative processing pre-qualification fees in bank draft payable to Federal University, Dutsin-Ma. Failure to comply with this requirement would disqualify an application.
Close of submission for pre-qualification: All submissions for pre-qualification, must reach the University Procurement Officer not later than 12 noon, on or before 30th August 2013 will be published in two national dailies: Weekly Trust and Saturday Independent and the Federal Tenders Journal, and the fourteen days starts from the first publication of the advert. The pre-qualification documents will be opened on the 19th August, 2013 at 12 noon in the University Conference Room.
Only shortlisted firms shall be contacted by the University.
The University reserves the right to reject any EOI submissions.
All expenses incurred and associated with the pre-qualification submission shall be borne by the prospective contractor.
Nothing in this advertisement shall be construed to be commitment on the part of the University nor shall it entitle responding firms to seek any indemnity from the University by virtue of the contractors having responded to the advertisement.