Invitation for Bids for 2013 Constituency Projects at Universal Basic Education Commission, Osun State
Universal Basic Education Commission
UBEC Building, 7 Gwani Street, Off IBB Way, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja
Advert No: UBEC/INT/PU/OS-Constituency PJ/215/2013/III
Invitation for Bids for 2013 Constituency Projects Located in Osun State
This invitation for bids is in response to a request by the Osun State Caucus of the National Assembly. The State’s constituency projects bids were stepped down for review and so were not part of those opened Tuesday 22nd October, 2013 in respect of an earlier advert on constituency projects of Wednesday 21st August, 2013.
In compliance with the Federal Government guidelines on public procurement and award of contracts, the Universal Basic Education Commission therefore invites sealed Technical and Financial Bids from registered competent companies for 2013 Constituency Projects located in Osun state.
Bidding shall be conducted through National Competitive Bidding in accordance with bidding process as specified in the 2007 Public Procurement ACT
Scope of Work:
- Construction And Rehabilitation Of Basic Education Classrooms At Irepodun/Olorunda/Orolu/Oshogbo, Osun State
- Construction And Rehabilitation Of Basic Education Classrooms At Boripe/Ifelodun/Odootin Osun State
- Construction And Rehabilitation Of Basic Education Classrooms At Ayedire/Iwo/Ola Oluwa Osun State
- Construction And Rehabilitation Of Basic Education Classrooms At Ayeda Ade/Irewole/Isokan Osun State
- Construction And Rehabilitation Of Basic Education Classrooms At Ife Central/Ife East/Ife North/Ife South Osun State
- Construction And Rehabilitation Of Basic Education Classrooms At Atakumasa East/Atakumase West/Ilesha East/Ilesha West Osun State
Eligibility Requirements for Bidding
Prospective Bidders should provide the under listed documents which are considered as key requirements along with their Technical submissions:
- Photocopies of Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Audited Accounts for years 2010, 2011 & 2012
- Photocopies of Tax Clearance Certificates for years 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- Company profile with details of key staff and equipment to be deployed for the proposed work. Evidence of Ownership or lease of Equipment should be included.
- Evidence of Financial capability from a reputable bank.
- Evidence of previous similar assignments with relevant evidence of successful completion for years 2010, 2011 & 2012 (Total contract turnover for the three years should be over N100m (Every relevant similar assignment for the 3 years should be included -This is very important).
- Evidence of Compliance with ITF provisions and remittance.
- Evidence of Compliance with Pencom provisions and remittance.
- Evidence of qualified personnel with proof of registration with relevant professional bodies
Submission of Bid Documents
All prospective bidders must comply with the following conditions:
- i. Bid documents containing full specifications, Drawings, Bill of Quantities(BoQ), etc can be obtained from the Procurement Unit (1st Floor) of the Commission on the Payment of a non-refundable fee of N30,000.00(Thirty Thousand Naira) in Bank Draft in favour of Universal Basic Education Commission.
- ii. Two bound copies each of Technical and Financial Bids marked as Original or Copy are to be separately sealed in different envelopes indicating the Lot Number and both (Financial and Technical bids) are to be placed in a well addressed and labelled single outer envelope for submission.(Any bid in loose sheets will be rejected!).
- iii. All copies of bids must be sequentially numbered and duly signed.
- iv. Any document not submitted by the close of submission will not be received after close of submissions. No excuse for late submission will be entertained.
- v. All envelopes should be well addressed and labelled showing the Lot No and (Osun State 2013 Constituency Projects).
- vi. All Submissions should be made between 10 am-3pm, Mondays- Fridays at 1st Floor, Procurement Unit, Office of the Executive Secretary at the Universal Basic Education Commission, No. 7 Gwani Street, Wuse Zone 4, Abuja.
Note: Companies who had earlier on bidded for the stepped down constituency projects located in Osun state need to re-bid based on the above conditions if they are still interested in the projects.
Closing and Opening of Bids
All submission of Technical and Financial bids will be closed by 11.00 am on Wednesday 4th December, 2013. Opening of bids will be conducted at 12.00 noon same day in the UBEC Conference Hall.
Ag. Head, Procurement Unit
For: Executive Secretary