TENDER OPPORTUNITY: SPDC Computing Infrastructure and Services at the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC)
Operator of the NNPC/Shell/TEPNG/Agip Joint Venture
TENDER OPPORTUNITY: SPDC Computing Infrastructure and Services
Contract Tender Ref: NG01018327
NipeX Number: 0200339
The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) as Operators of the Joint Venture between itself and the Nigerian National Petroleum Development Corporation (NNPC), on behalf of the Joint Venture is seeking for interested and qualified IT service Providers for the provision of Computing Infrastructure Procurement and Services Contract in her operational areas in Port Harcourt, Warri, Lagos and Abuja. SPDC has a large computing infrastructure footprint and architecture covering hardware from Netapp, EMC, HP, IBM, Data Direct, Sun Tape Libraries, ADIC for Server, Storage and Tape Infrastructure, and software and middleware services including, Commvoult. This range of hardware and software are installed in our offices, field locations, and operational centers. Therefore, SPDC invites submission from reputable Nigerian registered companies having professional experience in provision of these ranges of product and services.
2.0 Summary of Work Scope
The scope of work for the services shall include but not be limited to
(1) Procurement of hardware, software and installation materials
(2) Installation, integration, commissioning and handover of new systems
(3) Provision of resources for ad-hoc installation and remediation works (Engineers, Technicians, Consultants Architects, etc)
(4) Decommission of existing / legacy systems where required
(5) Post installation support / maintenance services
(6) Provision of bespoke training on new hardware/software and other competence required for running the infrastructure
3.0 Mandatory Requirements
(1) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified as essential service vendors in the Computer and Communication Equipment 1.14 and 3.11 (Information Systems/Info Tech/Communications services) (Product/Services) category in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in the specific sub categories tabulated below will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
(2) To determine if you are pre-qualified and view product/service category you are listed for, open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your login details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
(3) If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
(4) To initiate the NJQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
(5) To be eligible; all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system,
4.0 Nigerian Content Requirements
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
(1) Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and set-up in Nigeria
(2) Only Nigerian indigenous service company having 51% and above Nigerian equity shareholding in the ownership structure of the legal registered entity of tenderer in Nigeria and duly registered on the NCDMB NOGIC JQS as service providers under the applicable and relevant product category shall be allowed to bid for this work.
(3) Nigerian Indigenous company executing the work scope in alliance with foreign companies and multinational should ensure that;
(a) the foreign company or multinational is duly registered in Nigeria
(b) submit CAC forms C02 and C07 of the both companies
(c) submit binding memorandum of agreement (MOA) stating the following:
(i) The Nigerian Indigenous company will be the lead of the partnership
(ii) The detailed scope of work to be performed by each party
(iii) Detailed personnel and equipment that each party will deploy to execute the work scope
(iv) The MOA will be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
(v) The MOA to be signed by the Managing Directors of both companies.
(4) International or multinational company working through a Nigerian subsidiary must
(a) demonstrate that the Nigerian subsidiary has 51% and above Nigerian equity shareholding in the ownership structure of the legal registered entity of tenderer in Nigeria and duly registered on the NCDMB NOGIC JQS as service providers under the applicable and relevant product category and
(b) demonstrate that a minimum of 50% of equipment to be deployed for execution of work shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing a list of equipment for this tender and indicating those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary
(5) Furnish details of company ownership and share holding structure. Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC Forms C02 and C07
(6) Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
(7) Provide a Nigerian Content Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
(8) State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well equipped offices; attach past experience of such patronage.
(9) Specific to this work, provide detailed plan for staff training and development on equipment repairs & maintenance and procurement (including all software to be used, number of personnel, name of organization providing such training and evidence of past training record) for Nigerian personnel including description of any specific programs in place for transfer of technology and skills to indigenous businesses and Nigerians over the next five (5) years.
(10) Location of in-country facilities (Storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and testing facilities)
(11) Contractor must be willing and able to provide evidence of maximization of made in Nigeria goods and services.
(12) Provide details on any other Nigerian Content initiative your company is involved in.
5.0 Closing Date
Closing Date: Only Tenderers who are registered in the tabulated NJQS product/category as at June 8th 2015 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical bids.
|CodeDescription||Description & Keywords|
|1.14.01||Computer Hardware – Work Stations (PCs and Unix) – CAD/CAM, Desktop, IBM compatible, Laptop, Micro, Mini, PDA, Personal, Terminal, Workstation,|
|1.14.02||Computer Hardware – Servers (PCs, Unix) – IBM compatible, Mini, Not IBM compatible,|
|1.14.03||Computer Hardware – Mainframes (CPUs, Storage and other Mainframe Equipment and Accessories) – Mass storage devices, Tape, Disks, Drives.|
|1 14.04||Computer Peripherals, (VDUs, Printers and other Peripherals) CD, DAT, Disk, Displays, Drives, floppy, Hard, Keyboards, MO, Monitors, Printers, Plotters, Tope, Zip.|
|1.14.05||Communication Equipment and Accessories (Routers, Modems, HUBS, Cables etc.) – Coble, Chemical resistant, Coax, Data, FDM/digital, Fibre optic, Instrument/communication coble, LAN, Line drivers, Local area networks, Multiplex, Network PC Interfaces, Not flame retardant, Power/’inst/’comms, Repeaters, Statistical, Sub-sea cable, WAN.|
|1.14.06||Databases, Software Development Tools, Application Generators, Data Administration Tools etc.|
|1.14.07||General Business Software (Financial, Logistics, Personnel, Document Administration,Management Information etc.)|
|1.14.08||General Technical Software Systems (Specialist Systems, CAD/CAP etc.)|
|1.14.11||Utility Software (Operational Support, Security Systems, Networks (LAN/WAN) Communications Software etc.)|
|3.11.01||Network Installation / Support Services – Connectivity, Server|
|3.11.02||Software Development and Support Services – Process, Structural, Life cycle.|
|3.11.04||Computer Based Simulation / Training Program Services|
|3.11.05||Hardware installation Support Services – Leasing, Maintenance.|
|3.11.07||Operating Systems Installation / Support Services Electronic mail, EPS, HP, IBM, Intergraph, Peripherals, PC’s, SCADA, UNIX, VAX, Workstations|
|3.11 09||IT Management Consultancy Services|
|3.11.11||General IS / IT Consultancy Services|
|3.11.99||Other Information Systems (IS) / Information Technology (IT) Services – Archiving, E-commerce, Extranet, Information management services, internet, Intranet, Microfilming, Publication|
6.0 Additional Information
- Expected Contract Award Date: Q1 2016
- Contract Duration: 2 years + 1 year extension option.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SPDC to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from SPDC and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- SPDC will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
Please visit NipeX portal at www.nipexng.com for this advert and other information. Also note that this contract will be progressed through NipeX system