Invitation for Expression of Interest for Pre-Qualification at Catholic Relief Services Nigeria Program
Catholic Relief Services Nigeria Program
Invitation for Expression of Interest for Pre-Qualification
As An Insurer for Group Life Assurance and Non Life
Insurance Cover for Catholic Relief Services – Nigeria Program 2015/2016
Catholic Relief Services/Nigeria Program wishes to request for bids from registered insurance brokers or companies to provide life assurance cover for all its employees and non-life insurance for its assets for the FY 2014/2015.
- Any insurance company applying to be pre-qualified must satisfy the following conditions:
- It must be a limited liability company registered in Nigeria and licensed by the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) to transact insurance Business. It must have asset as stipulated in the Pension Act of 2003 and its) published accounts. It must have adequate and qualified staff with cognate experience in insurance business.
- It must have a verifiable location address in Abuja. It must have a good corporate company that pays it taxes at when due.
- It must have evidence of client’s settlement.
- It should provide evidence of registration under the Employee Compensation Act with Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF).
An insurer applying to be pre-qualified must do so in writing accompanied by the following documents to be bound together:
- A true copy of its Certificate of Incorporation recently certified by the Corporate Affairs Commission;
- A true copy of its license or recertification as an insurer or broker to transact life assurance business certified by NAICOM;
- Copies of the company’s published Annual Report and Accounts for the last three years certified by NAICOM-2010, 2011 and 2012;
- A copy of NAICOM approval of Annual Returns and Accounts for the underwriting year 2012;
- A copy of company’s current tax Clearance Certificate valid till 2012 certified by issuing Tax Office of the federal Inland Revenue Service and evidence of payment of current tax;
- A profile of 6 ( SIX) top management staff of the company with their qualifications and insurance working experience;
- Evidence of experience in similar schemes; and
- A signed declaration by the Chief Executive Officer that the company settles and will continue to settle all genuine claims promptly.
All documents must be the original certified copy and currently dated.
Supporting documents must be bound and submitted in a sealed envelope marked “BID FOR CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES 2015/2016 INSURANCE COVER” and be submitted at the CRS Nigeria office located at 41 Crescents, Plot 477, A Close, Gwarinpa, Abuja before COB Wednesday 4th June, 2014.
Interested companies can visit CRS office for detail risk assessment and other information necessary for the financial proposal.
You may also contact the Head of Administration on this number 08103879346 for additional information on this tender.