Expression of Interest to Provide PHDP Services as an NGO in some selected States at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Management Sciences for Health
Expression of Interest to Provide PHDP Services in the Advertised States as an NGO
TO: Potential Civil Society Organizations (Non-Governmental Organizations, Faith Based Organizations, and Community-Based Organizations) working in any of the following states: Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto and Zamfara States
The ProACT project currently supports 5 state governments of Niger, Kwara, Kebbi, Sokoto and Zamfara to operate a total of 41 comprehensive HIV/AIDS care and treatment centers that have enrolled about 28, 551 clients into treatment and about 13,018 on care. Stigma and Discrimination remains a challenge within our communities. Poor retention in treatment as a result of poor quality adherence counselling, HIV associated Stigma and discrimination, attitude of some health care service providers and other socio cultural issues deters PLHIV from accessing treatment and other relevant services that will improve their well-being. Quality and comprehensive PHDP intervention is therefore imperative to improve PLHIV retention in ART as well as to improve PLHIV’s health and well-being.
MSH ProACT PHDP program aims to promote the adoption of healthy living and reduction in risky-behavior amongst PLHIVs, with the overall goal of improving quality of their life and reducing HIV transmission. This will ultimately ensure the meaningful participation and greater involvement of PLHIVs in the delivery of HIV services at host communities and partner health facilities…
Rationale for the grants: As part of the strategic shift in PEPFAR program in Nigeria, MSH ProACT is realigning resources to focus on the provision of quality PHDP services at supported facilities and target communities to address the challenges of low retention on ART, poor adherence and increased lost to follow up (LTFU) which has characterized ART programs in North central and North West Nigeria. ProACT project will provide grants to CSOs (NGOs, CBOs and FBOs) to work as collaborative partners in the implementation of quality PHDP services in the project supported communities.
The objectives of the grants are:
- To substantially improve the quality of life of PLHIV through provision of comprehensive PHDP interventions like risk reduction counselling, condom services, adherence counselling, partner HIV testing and counselling, contraception safer pregnancy counselling and provision.
- To reduce the HIV transmission rates.
- To improve PLHIV’s retention on ART and care.
- To strengthen linkages and referrals between community and health facility based PHDP
- To work in partnership with PLHIV networks, Support groups and other community based organizations to ensure that PLHIV and their families have access to clear, up-to-date information and education to support their health and well being.
- To position PLHIV as leaders in PHDP programs as to provide leadership and direction and assist their members in planning and mobilization of resources to support their
Eligibility Criteria: This opportunity is open to Non Governmental Organisations, Faith-Based Organizations and Community-Based Organizations providing care and support services to people living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV) in the locations mentioned above. A pre-qualification questionnaire will be forwarded to interested organizations that respond to the EOI, Please note that only those organizations which pre-qualify will be sent a Request for Application (RFA) to submits full proposal.
Please, be sure to indicate your Contact Person Name, Telephone Number, Organization email, State and local Government in which you are based.
All NGOs, FBOs and CBOs must currently be registered in Nigeria and be physically resident in the state where they propose to work,
Interested organization should kindly send their indication of interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped in the bid box at the reception in a sealed envelope. In either of these options, the mail or envelope should be properly addressed e.g. the subject “Expression of Interest to provide: PHDP Services in any of the advertised states on or before 5th July 2015.