Expression of Interest at Nigeria Erosion & Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP), Enugu State
Government of Enugu State of Nigeria
Ministry Of Environment and Mineral Resources
Enugu State Project Management Unit (SPMU)
Nigeria Erosion & Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP)
Expression of Interest
Credit No .P124905 UNI
Consultancy Services for Newmap Enugu State
IFB No. ENSNEWMAP/EOI1/IC/Vol.1/2013
- This request for expression of interest follows the update of the general procurement notice for this project that appeared in the un development business issue of 27th April, 2012 and in Nigerian dailies of September 2012.
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has been granted a credit (hereafter called loan) from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP) and intends to apply part of the proceed to procure consultancy services for Resettlement Action Programme (RAP).
THE ENUGU STATE PROJECT MANAGEMENT UNIT NIGERIA EROSION AND WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT (NEWMAP) Now invites profiles from eligible and qualified consultancy firms under individual consultant (IC) for the consultancy services of selected areas/fields as described below:
(a). AgbajaNgwo gully erosion site
(b). Ajalli water-works gully erosion site
The Government of Enugu state intends to implement the multi – sectorial NIGERIAN EROSION & WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT (NEWMAP), which is financed by the WorldBank, Global Environment Facility, the Special Climate Change Fund, and the government of Nigeria. NEWMAP finances activities implemented by states and activities implemented by The Federal Government. The project currently includes 7 states, namely; Anambra, Abia, Cross River, Edo, Enugu, Ebonyi, and Imo, The development objective of NEWMAP is to rehabilitate degraded lands and reduce long term erosion vulnerability in targeted areas in Enugu state. NEWMAP activities involve medium-sized civil works such as construction of infrastructure and/ or stabilization or rehabilitation in and around the gullies themselves, as well as small works in the small watershed where gullies form and expand. these works trigger the world bank’s safeguard policies requiring preparation of Resettlement Plan.
5. Objective and Scope Of The Consultancy:
The objective of the consulting services is to prepare an abbreviated resettlement action plan (ARAP) and land acquisition plan(lap) for AgbajaNgwo gully erosion and Ajalli water works gully erosion sub projects in Enugu state intervention sites respectively.
The aim of the resettlement action plan is to identify and assess the human impact of the proposed works at the sites, and prepare an action plan to be implemented in coordination with the civil works in line with World Bank policy and Nigerian policies and laws. This is essential because experience has shown that involuntary resettlement can cause loss of income, assets, and community ties, especially among the poor.
6. Qualifications and Experience of Consultant:
The consultant should have at least MSc. or M.A in social sciences, humanities or social work with a minimum of five years working experience in social assessment, involuntary resettlement and other relevant field, it is highly desirable that the consultant has a working experience in International development institutions such as the World Bank, related projects, knowledge about World Bank safeguard policies and experience in similar areas.
7. This Expression of Interest will be received through the individual consultant’s procedure specified in the World Bank’s guidelines: procurement under IBRD loans and IDA credits for consultancy services and is open to all individual consultants from eligible source countries as defined in the guidelines.
8. Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information from Enugu state project management unit, Nigerian erosion and watershed management project (NEWMAP) at the address given below from 900hrs to 1600hrs, Monday to Friday. This notice for Expression of Interest expires two weeks from the date of publication.
The Project Coordinator
Enugu State Project Management Unit (SPMU),
NIGERIAN EROSION & WATERSHED MANAGEMENT PROJECT
No.5, Onitsha Road, N.C.F.C. Building, GRA, Enugu