Short Term Consultancy: (Quick Book Software Expert) at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
Short Term Consultancy: Quick Book Software Expert
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is a registered local NGO with its head office in Abuja FCT, has been authorized by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the Local Partner Initiative for Orphans and Vulnerable children (LOPIN) project
WEWE is set to implement this project with accountability, transparency, a high level of financial integrity and compliance to USAID regulation and procedures.
WEWE is currently soliciting for consulting management firm or individual consultant with experience in procurement, installation and training of QUICKBOOK Accounting software.
The objective of this assignment is for a QuickBook software experts to purchase, install and train WEWE accounting unit on Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise silver or Gold Edition 2015 edition. WEWE is interested in procuring Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise silver or Gold 2015 for 5 Users (One-off) with Media Kit.
Consulting firm/Consultant will:
General QuickBook training
- Deploy QuickBooks Client-Server:
- Conduct systems (Hardware/Software) requirement checks
- Network requirement checks
- Conduct software/Windows update checks
- Conduct server capability requirement checks
- Install Add-ons
- Install QuickBooks server
- Install QuickBooks on client systems
- Link and test connectivity between the server and the clients
- Create users with privileges and
- Provide one (1) Month Free Support (If any)define mission, vision, values, objectives and strategy
Create Charts of Accounts:
- Create of WEWE-LOPIN and other Project Account codes
- Ledgers Creation
- Customers creation
- Vendors Creation
- Thematic Areas Creation
Training of WEWE-LOPIN staff (Inclusive of training materials for 3 days):
- Posting of Opening Balance
- Posting of Vouchers from the bank account
- Posting of Journals
- Uses of Trial Balance
- Uses of the Balance Sheet and Profit and loss Account
- End of Month Financial report
- Pipeline Analysis report generation
- Other uses of QB
General Requirements of the Consulting Firm(s) or individuals:
- Must have a degree in Accounting, Be a certified accountant with ACCA or ICAN is an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in QuickBook, experience with QuickBook installation, training and usage
- Prior working experience with Quick book accounting Software
- Have a Laptop with QuickBook Installed for demonstration
- Strong report writing skills
- Evidence of experience in QuickBook training
- Demonstrated experience in working with NGO’s Accounting policy and procedures
- Verifiable professional reference with regard to proficiency in QuickBook
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High level written and oral communications skills in English
- Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in the use of QuickBooks.
- Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments.
- Highly motivated and committed to the values of transparency and integrity
Duration of the Assignment
The activities are to be completed within / no later than three (3) weeks from the date of the official signing of the contract for the consultancy.
List of deliveries:
- The Consultant / consulting firm will provide hard and soft copies of Quick book with full training reports including photographs.
- QuickBook enterprise 2015 five users
- Agenda of the meeting and minutes of the training
- Evidence of all the posting of WEWE past and present expenditures in the quick book.
- Minutes of relevant meetings with WEWE-LOPIN Staff
N/B: WEWE will not cover any cost for you to attend the interview if you are shortlisted.
“WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria”.
How to Apply:
Interested consultant or consulting firm should send their comprehensive CV or company profile and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to wewevacanciesQB@weweng.org
Not later than 18th December, 2014
Qualified consultant or firm are encouraged to submit their curriculum vitae (CV) and suitability letter on time. Successful candidates will be contacted.