Tender Opportunity: Provision of Large Outer Diameter OCTG and Services for Year 2015 – 2018 Drilling Program at Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited
An ExxonMobil Subsidiary
Operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: Provision of Large Outer Diameter OCTG and Services for Year 2015 – 2018 Drilling Program
NipeX Tender Number: 0400224
Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited (MPN) operator of the NNPC/MPN Joint Venture (JV) plans to carry out Large OD OCTG and Services on its offshore exploration, appraisal, and production location(s) in NNPC/MPN JV acreages. Anticipated contract term is three (3) years with an additional two (2) years option period. Contract commencement is expected in the fourth (4th) quarter of 2015.
2.0 Scope of Work
The contractor shall provide all personnel, services and equipment associated provision of Large Outside Diameter Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) and services.
- Contractor shall provide Large Outside Diameter Oil Country Tubular Goods (OCTG) from an ExxonMobil Qualified/Certified Mill and services that comply with Company and industry standards and specifications in connection with drilling activities for the NNPC/MPN JV Drilling Program
- Contractor shall provide a comprehensive supply chain for OCTG equipment as outlined in this Agreement Including, but not limited to the Contractor providing various size, weights, and grades of OCTG materials (carbon and alloy -20” to 48” OD) from an ExxonMobil Qualified/Certified Mill as specified by Company, manufactured and monogrammed to API 5CT and proprietary grades as appropriate, utilizing a Vendor Managed Stocking Program (VMSP).
The full program will include approximately one hundred and eighty (180) wells over the initial three (3) years contract term, Services shall be executed mainly in the NNPC / MPN JV acreage Nigeria using up to two (5) drilling rigs. The term may be extended for an additional one year at Company’s option. Company reserves the right to award partial work to more than one Contractor
3.0 Nigerian Content
Company committed to the development of the Nigerian Oil and Gas business in compliance with the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010 (NOGICD Act) enacted by the Federal Government of Nigeria in April 2010.
As from the commencement of this Act the minimum Nigerian Content in any project, service or product specification to be executed in the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry shall be consistent with the level set in the Schedule to the Act and any other targets as may be directed by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).
MFNU requires their Contractors to comply with the Act, its attached Schedule and any applicable regulation developed by the NCDMB.
Nigerian Content (NC) in the Nigerian oil and gas industry is defined as:
- The quantum of composite value added to or created in the Nigerian economy by a systematic development of capacity and capabilities through the deliberate utilization of Nigerian human, material resources and services in the Nigerian oil and gas industry.”
- “Nigerian company” is a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provisions of Companies and Allied Matters Act with not less than 51 % equity shares by Nigerians.
- Bidders snail consider Nigerian content as an important element of their overall project development and management philosophy for project execution.
As part of their submissions. Tenderers shall:
- Provide a description of its committed infrastructure (asset, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, workshop, assembly area, repair, and maintenance, testing, laboratory, etc.) in Nigeria (offices, equipment etc.) to support this contract, evidence that a minimum of 50% of all equipment deployed to work by multinational and international companies are owned by the Nigerian subsidiary
- Demonstrate that its entity is a Nigerian registered company, defined as a company registered in Nigeria in accordance with the provision of Company and Allied Matters Act. Provide details of its Ownership Structure. Submit certified true copies of CAC form (C02 and CO7) including Memorandum and Article of Association. For Nigerian company in alliance with a foreign company or multinational, submit evidence of binding agreement of the alliance duly signed by the CEO’s of both parties
- Submit a plan on how it intends to give first consideration to goods and services provided from within Nigeria, to meet 95% man hours NC target in line with the requirements of the Act
- Demonstrate key Management positions that are Nigerian Nationals and the percentage of the Company total workforce (direct and in-direct employees) that are Nigerians
- Submit a plan on how it intends to provide Human Capacity Development and Personnel Training
- Provide evidence of application for NIGERIAN CONTENT EQUIPMENT CERTIFICATE (NCEC) issued by Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (in respect of any components, spares, equipment, systems and packages to be used on the project
Bidders’ failure to comply with the NOGICD Act or demonstrate commitment to Nigerian Content development will result in Bidder’s disqualification.
4.0 Mandatory Requirement
(a) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested bidders are required to be prequalified in the 10104 (Casing, Tubing, Liner, Connectors and Accessories (OCTG) and 3.04.40 (OCTG Services (Cleaning, Hardbanding, Recutting, Rethreading, Storage) Cat A. B. C and D in NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database. All successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
(b) To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on continue Joint Qualification scheme tool, click check my supplier status and then click supplier product group.
(c) If you are not listed in this product/service category and you are registered with DPR, please contact NipeX office at 30 Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
(d) To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipexng.com to download application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
(e) To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigeria Content requirements in the NipeX system.
5.0 Close Date
Only tenderers who are registered in the 10104 (Casing, Tubing, Liner, Connectors end Accessories (OCTG) and 3.04.40 (OCTG Services (Cleaning, Hardbanding, Recutting, Rethreading, Storage) Cat A, B, C and D in NipeX Joint Qualification Scheme (NJQS) database as at Monday, December 29, 2014 being the advert closing date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
6.0 Additional Information
(a) Interested suppliers must be prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS
(b) Full tendering procedure will be provided only to contractors that have been successfully prequalified in NJQS
(c) This advertisement shall neither be construed as an Invitation to Tender (ITT) nor a commitment on the part of MPN to award a contract to any supplier and /or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents
(d) This advertisement shall not entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from MPN and/or its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS
(e) All costs incurred in registering and prequalifying for this and other product/service categories in NJQS shall be borne solely by suppliers
(f) Suppliers that are prequalified for this product/service category in NJQS must ensure that their names and contact details (physical address, email address and telephone number) of their company and authorized/responsible personnel is up-to-date in their company profile in the NJQS database
(g) MPN shall communicate only with the authorized/responsible personnel of prequalified companies and not through unauthorized Individuals or agents.
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and other information
Mobil House, Lekki Expressway, Victoria Island, P.M.B. 12054, Lagos