Request for Proposals
Family Health International (FHI 360) with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through the Strengthening Integrated Delivery of HIV/AIDS Services (SIDHAS) project is supporting the government of Nigeria (GON) to enhance sustained cross-sectional integration of HIV/AIDS services by building Nigerian capacity to deliver sustainable high quality, comprehensive, prevention, treatment, care and related services in various states within Nigeria. FHI 360 Nigeria Country Office is seeking to outsource its travel management services to a competent travel agency
(B) Scope of Work
(1) The travel agency will be responsible for making travel reservations for FHI 360 staff, issuance and delivery of local and international air tickets; and where possible, secure seat selections and boarding passes for travelling staff in advance.
(2) Make recommendations to FHI 360 travels office on more economic network routes that do not compromise safety or comfort.
(3) Provide 24-hour emergency response for resolving problems with travelers on transit
(4) Maintain computerized travel profiles for all FHI 360 staff and consultants
(5) Provide detailed travelers itineraries
(6) Provide protocol service to all FHI 360 official travelers at the major airports, notably Abuja, Lagos. PHC, etc.
(7) Provide regular Travels Advisory to FHI 360 Nigeria
(8) Submit monthly management information reports to FHI 360 on tickets issued, used, cancelled, and provide details on ticket costs, carriers, commissions, etc.
(9) Automated reconciliation of travel charges incurred by FHI 360
(10) Provide a dedicated and competent in-plant consultant to liaise with the travels office. In-plant must meet the following minimum requirements:
(i) Fluent in English language
(ii) Possesses at least one travel industry professional certification
(iii) Knowledgeable in common domestic destinations and totally versed on international locations in Europe, Asia, Middle East, Africa, and America
(iv) Familiar with the Fly America provisions and recent changes produced by open skies agreements.
(11) Report to FHI 360 travel office on any problems encountered with FHI 360 staff who has travel difficulties
(12) Provide timely notification to travelers on changes to tickets/itineraries, particularly those which occur after ticket issuance (e.g. fares, routing, delays, closings).
(13) Provide courteous and prompt resolution of traveler complaints.
(14) Monitor staff on transit
(15) When necessary, the travel agency may be required to undertake visa applications and processing on behalf of the FHI 360 travel office, and provide any other related visa support services that may be required.
(16) As needs arise, the travel agency may be asked to provide ear hire services within Nigeria at any time
(17) The travel agency may also be requested to organize workshops and manage hotel bookings from time to time
(C) Selection Criteria
Please read this section carefully and be sure that all the requested information are included in your submission. Evaluators will neither make assumptions nor draw inferences regarding missing or incomplete information. The submission of incomplete information could result in the rejection of proposals
Proposals should be comprehensive and highlight how the bidding company intends to meet up our requirements, as stated above. In addition to clearly stating service costs and/or rates of commission, proposals should include the following:
(1) Detailed company profile with registered address, functional email address, telephone numbers, and point of contact for the organization.
(2) Evidence of company registration (i.e. Certificate of incorporation, Form CAC2 and CAC7)
(3) Audited financial statements for 2011, 2012, and 2013
(4) Tax Clearance Certificate for 2011, 2012, and 2013
(5) Certificate of accreditation and membership from IATA and NANTA
(6) Evidence of experience in providing travel services to NGOs and any other reputable organizations (copies of service agreements/contracts are to be attached) Recommendation letter from a past or present client
(8) Resume and credentials of Key staff and proposed in-plant It is required that the travel agency will have an online booking system, and capabilities for back-office automation. Bidders are required to address this requirement in their submissions.
(D) Submission of Proposal
(1) Complete proposal including professional fee and supporting document (listed in Section C above) must be submitted in a sealed envelope on or before 12.00 noon, Monday December 22nd, 2014, Envelope should be labeled “Proposal for Travel Services” and addressed to
The Procurement Manager
Family Health International (FHI360),
Plot 1073 JS Tarka Street, Garki, Area 3
(2) Any proposal received by FHI360 after the deadline for submission stated herein shall be rejected.
(3) No proposal shall be modified after the deadline for submission of proposals.
(4) Facsimile (fax), e-mail documents or postmarked documents will not be accepted.
Issuance of this solicitation in no way constitutes a commitment by FHI 360 to award a contract.
FHI 360 reserves the right to vary any part of this solicitation at the time of award if it becomes necessary.
FHI 360 is Value added Tax (VAT) exempted, but charges Withholding Tax (WTH) in compliance with Nigerian Tax laws.
Bidders must submit requests for clarification and list of equipment concerning this solicitation in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 4:00pm on Monday December 15th, 2014.