Request for Proposal (RFP) for Survey and Capacity Support on Effective Public Awareness Approaches at USAID Nigeria
Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement Project
Request for Proposal (RFP)
Survey and Capacity Support on Effective Public Awareness Approaches
The Nigeria Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement Project (the project) is a five-year civil society project funded by the USAID Nigeria and implemented through a contract with Chemonics International. The goal of the project is to strengthen good governance by increasing the capacity of civil society networks and coalitions to influence development and implementation of key democratic reforms at local, state and national levels that improve transparency, accountability, and good governance. The Project explicitly aims to engage marginalized populations, including women, youth, people with disabilities and other minorities in the process, and emphasizes leadership and innovations. The Project works with civil society partners at national, state and local levels, in addition, the project will also strengthen CSOs and Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) in the Niger Delta towards inclusive economic growth in partnership with PIND.
This advert is only a summary of the Request for Proposal, instructions on receiving full request for proposal are included below,
Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement Project in furtherance of its objective of strengthening civil society engagement in Nigeria is soliciting proposals from companies and organization to undertake a Survey and Capacity Support on Effective Public Awareness Approaches that will identify and analyze the current sources of information for Nigerians on democratic reforms, especially as it concerns transparency, accountability, and good governance issues across the six geopolitical regions of Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory. The output of this study will strengthen shared learning and increased engagement especially for CSOs engaged in advocacy work.
Scope Of Work
The service provider will be required to carry out the following tasks:
- A desk study of key sources of information for the broad publics including but not limited to women, people living with disability, youths, adults, policy makers, elected political officials and civil society actors in Nigeria. The study should be segmented by key audience types and also by issues of gender and social inclusion.
- Identify the key drivers – media, entertainment industry practitioners, technology, etc. of increased public awareness of democratic reform and explain what makes them key drivers.
- Design and conduct a limited public perception survey to determine both the key and preferred sources of information on issues of democratic reforms especially on transparency, accountability and good governance in Nigeria. The survey should be conducted with key publics across the six geo-political zones as well as provide for the perspectives of traditionally excluded groups.
- Provide an analysis of key media platforms and approaches in relation to the areas the project is interested in working on – public finance management, accountability systems, social inclusion, access to information, local governance reform and citizen participation and oversight of privatization of public utilities (and as may be agreed)
- Identify innovative practices and windows of opportunity that offer potential to engage the various publics in different ways and/or which enable the project to reach hitherto excluded groups.
- Develop recommendations on key potential mechanisms, stakeholders, collaborators, and media with whom the project and its partners should engage in order to realize the project’s overall objective.
The successful offer or shall deliver to Chemonics the following deliverables, in accordance with the schedule set forth in this RFP.
Deliverable No. 1: Final Report
The service provider will be required to produce a report of not more than 30 pages that presents the findings from work undertaken as required in this RFR The report format shall include the following:
- Executive summary
- Survey methodology
- Narrative of the survey
- Graphs interpreting the data
- Vital images related to the survey
- Annexes of all tools used in collecting the data
- Must be fully Nigerian company or organization registered under the laws of Nigeria as a corporate legal entity with full fiseal regulations to carry out business in Nigeria.
- Must demonstrate technical approach, methodology, and detailed work plan
- Must demonstrate proficiency in management and staffing plan
- Must demonstrate track record of performance in managing similar tasks in the last three years with evidence of delivery and results.
- Must demonstrate good understanding of civil society and/or donor funded projects in Nigeria.
Application Submission Information:
For the full copy of the Request for Proposal, interested organizations should send an e-mail to email@example.com on or before 5 pm on 22nd September, 2014
A proposal conference will be held at the Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement Office at No. 7A Biskra Street, Ibrahim Abacha Estate, Zone 4, Abuja on 25th September 2014 at 10:00 am to provide interested companies or organization an opportunity to learn more about the Project and to ask any question about this RFP and the solicitation process. Pre-registration to attend the proposal conference is required. Please email your registration request and any advance questions by 5:00 pm on 23rd September 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only two representatives will be allowed for each organization with their names and designation included in the request. No reimbursement for costs of attendance will be met. The event will start promptly.
Offerors shall submit their offers electronically only.
Emailed offers must be received by 5:00 pm on 30th September, 2014 at the following address: email@example.com