Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement Project
Request for Proposal (RFP) for Creation of Project Website
The Nigeria Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement Project (the project) is a five-year civil society project funded by the USAID Nigeria and implemented through a contract with Chemonics International. The goal of the project is to strengthen good governance by-increasing the capacity of civil society networks and coalitions to influence development and implementation of key democratic reforms at local, state and national levels that improve transparency, accountability, and good governance. The Project explicitly aims to engage marginalized populations, including women, youth, people with disabilities and other minorities in the process, and emphasizes leadership and innovations. The Project works with civil society partners at national, state and local levels. In addition, the project will also strengthen CSOs and Business Membership Organizations (BMOs) in the Niger Delta towards inclusive economic growth in partnership with PIND.
This advert is only a summary of the Request for Proposal Instructions on receiving full request for proposal are included below.
Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement Project is soliciting proposals from companies and organizations to build, design and deploy a Website for the project. The website will support its strategic objective of strengthening the capacity of civil society to engage in public policy reforms in Nigeria. The proposed website will serve as advocacy platform for increasing citizens’ voices and accountability by promoting the message of transparency, accountability, and good governance. In addition, it would serve as resource hub for evidence and learning in voices and accountability issues for targeted multi-sectoral stakeholders in Nigeria and beyond.
Scope Of Work
- Design and implement a graphic theme for the Project Website.
- Build a dynamic infrastructure (back-end) for the Project Website to meet the project’s goals and technical requirements.
- Develop an appropriate, easy and comprehensible domain for the Project website as prescribed within the framework of the project. The website should be placed both separately, and also linked under the project partners’ and other relevant web addresses.
- Beta test and adjust to maximize usability of Website.
- Train the project’s Public Awareness Advisor and another designated staff to update and maintain the Website using a Content Management System.
- Set up social media platforms for the project such as Facebook page, Twitter handle, Google Pius, Flickr and Linkedln, and provide links to these on the website and vice versa as well as hand over content administration of the same to the Public Awareness Advisor and any other designated alternate staff.
- Provide one year of ongoing technical support consultation to guarantee that the Website meets Request for Proposal requirements, including technical support to the Public Awareness Advisor and another designated project Staff.
- Prepare the Website for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and register with major search engines.
The successful offer or shall deliver to Chemonics the following deliverables:
- Produce final version of the website.
- Lunch of the website.
- Activation of website.
- Training of project staff on website update along with a manual.
- Technical support to the project on the website.
- Hosting of the website for one year period.
- Produce final report
- Must be fully Nigerian company or organization registered under the laws of Nigeria as a corporate legal entity with full fiscal regulations to carry out business in Nigeria.
- Must demonstrate technical approach, methodology, and detailed work plan
- Must demonstrate proficiency in management and staffing plan
- Must demonstrate track record of performance in managing similar tasks in the last three years with evidence of delivery and results.
- Must demonstrate good understanding of civil society and/or donor funded projects in Nigeria.
Application and Submission Information
For full copy of the Request for Proposal, interested organizations should send an e-mail to email@example.com on or before 5 PM on 22nd September 2014. All request and questions will be by e-mail only.
A proposal conference will be held at the Strengthening Advocacy and Civic Engagement Office at No, 7A Biskra Street, Ibrahim Abacha Estate, Zone 4, Abuja on 26th September, 2014 at 10:00 am to provide interested companies or organizations the opportunity to learn more about the Project and to ask any questions about this RFP and the solicitation process. Pre-registration to attend the proposal conference is required. Please email your registration request and any advance questions by 5:00 pm on 23rd September 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only two representatives will be allowed for each organization with their names and designation included in the request. No reimbursement for costs of attendance will be met. The event will start promptly.
Offerors shall submit their offers electronically only.
Emailed offers must be received by 5:00 pm on 30th September, 2014 at the following address: email@example.com