Request for Expressions of Interest for Supervision of Works for the Construction of a Bridge and Approach Roads at Federal Ministry of Works
Road Sector Development Team (RSDT)
Federal Ministry of Works (FMW)
Request for Expressions of Interest
(Consulting Services: Supervision of Works for the Construction of a Bridge and Approach Roads)
Federal Republic of Nigeria & Republic of Cameroon
Programme: Transport Facilitation Programme on the Bamenda-Mamfe-Ekok-Abakaliki-Enugu Corridor
Financing Agreement reference: Loan No. 2100150019643
Project ID No.: P-Z1-DB0-023
This request for expression of interest follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in Development Business No. 733 of August 31, 2008.
The Federal Republic of Nigeria and the Republic of Cameroon, the sponsors and owners of the above programme, have received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Transport Facilitation Programme on the Bamenda-Mamfe-Ekok-Abakaliki-Enugu Corridor, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this loan to payments under the contract for Consulting Services for Pre-construction and Supervision of Works for the construction of a bridge and bridge approach roads over the Cross River at the Cameroon/Nigeria Border at Ekok/Mfum.
This project is to be delivered, fit for purpose, and
- In accordance with the General and Special Conditions of Contract, the Technical Specifications and Engineering Drawings.
- So far as is reasonably possible, within the Contract Price and Time for Completion allowed under the Contract.
- By optimizing the use of available material resources to minimize costs to the Employer, maximize the quality of the Works and expedite construction.
- Cognisant of all the social and environmental influence of the project, assure positive impact of the project while minimizing the negative impact.
- With the view to facilitate the enhancement of the institutional capacity and know ledge base of the Employer.
The service included under this contract is the supervision of works for the construction of a 280m concrete bridge and approximately 1.4km of approach roads at the Ekok/Mfum border. The scopes for the service are:
- To effectively and to the highest professional standards, fulfil the role as the Engineer on behalf of the Employer, to supervise all the activities of the works contractor throughout the construction period, including the defects liability period, and in accordance with the General and Special Conditions of Contract, the Technical Specifications and Engineering Drawings.
- To implement practises for the transfer of skills to the Employer in the key areas including engineering, project management, road safety, and maintenance and operations of the infrastructure.
The contract duration is envisaged to be 30 months (inclusive of 12 months defects liability period).
The Road Sector Development Team (RSDT) of Federal Ministry of Works Nigeria, on behalf of Joint Technical Committee (JTC) constituted of representatives from Republic of Cameroon, Federal Republic of Nigeria, ECOWAS Commission and ECCAS Secretariat, now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. The consulting services will be procured under the general guidance of the JTC set up under the framework of the Programme.
Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification. Specifically, consultants are to provide the following information:
- Full profile with all details (address, contact person, telephone/fax numbers, e-mail).
- General organizational capability and resources (staffing, years of experience in the above field).
- Experience profile (services description, services amount and contracting organization entity).
- Evidence of intended joint venture partnership agreements where consultants intend to associate.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” May 2008 Edition Revised July 2012. Which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org Borrowers are under no obligation to shortlist any consultant who expresses interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the addresses below during office hours from 09.00 to 4.00 pm. Monday to Friday.
Expressions of Interest must be delivered in English Language or French (3No. hard copies) to any of the addresses below not later than 4.00 pm. on Wednesday, 29th October 2014 and must indicate “Consulting Services for Supervision Works for the Construction of Bridge and Approach Roads at the Cameroon/ Nigeria Border at Ekok /Mfum” on the envelope.
The Minister of Public Works.
Project Execution Unit: AfDB/WB Department of
Situated at the Regional Delegation of Public
Works for the Centre Region.
Ministry of Public Works, Yaounde, Cameroon
Attn: Mr. Zunua Mathurin, Unit Head AfDB WB Unit
Tel: (237) 22 22 22 94, Fax: (237) 22 22 22 94.
The Unit Manager,
Road Sector Development Team (RSDT)
6 Niagara Close, Off Erie Crescent, Off Nile Street
Maitama. Abuja. Nigeria,
Attn: Engr. Ishaq D. Mohammed. Unit Manager
Tel: + 234 – 7036609082
Please note that this Request for Expression of Interest supersedes the earlier request published on the African Development Bank website on 28th August 2014 and on the UNDB website on 27th August 2014.