National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA)
Appointment of Revenue Consultants
Request for Expressions of Interest
The Federal Government of Nigeria, in its efforts to entrench the gains of the transformation agenda, particularly in the inland waterways system, intends through the Federal Ministry of Transport (FMOT) to strengthen the Inland Waterways Reform through Public Private Partnership (PPP) for reliable, efficient, safe waterways and state of-the-art operations.
2. In this connection, FGN is desirous to assess the strategic fit, achievability, value for money and affordability for the procurement of Revenue Consultants to transform the revenue sources and collection methods of the National Inland Waterways Authority for:
i. South East South South
ii. South West
3. In this regard, therefore, NIWA intends to procure the services of experienced Revenue Consultants for the Regions mentioned above. More specifically, the consultants will undertake Feasibility/Viability Studies, akestrategic recommendations to, and subsequently collect revenue on behalf of the Authority. Interested Consultants are hereby invited to submit Expression of interest (EOI) as Revenue Consultants.
4. Interested strategic partners may associate to enhance their qualifications for appointment as Consultants.
5. Expression of Interest (EOI) from eligible firms or consortia should include the following information as the basis for short-list:
a. Full name of the consultant, firm or consortium and contact person(s), postal contract and e-mail address, telephone/facsimile/mobile numbers.
b. Profiles of the professionals who will work on this assignment, including qualifications and individual experiences in handling similar assignments, both internationally and locally.
c. Details of similar transactions executed in/under execution in the referenced sector including completion/payment certificates to attest successful completion of the assignment.
d. Audited turnover of the firm or lead consortium member for the last three years.
e. Three years tax clearance certificate
f. Company VAT registration.
g. Evidence of compliance with pension Act.
h. Evidence of alliance/partnership/joint venture between firms and the consortium of professionals clearly indicating the lead partner is between the parties.
i. Evidence of compliance with the provisions of Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria Act No. 6 2011 and amended Industrial Training Fund Act 2011: and
j. Evidence of registration with CAC (for Nigerian Firms) or equivalent registration in home country (foreign firms).
6. Upon receipt of Expression of Interest, the submissions will be evaluated. Thereafter, only shortlisted consultants will be issued Request for Proposal
7. Expressions of Interest must be submitted in seven (7) copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Expression of Interest for Appointment as Revenue Consultant” including a CD-ROM version for the particular project of interest.
In case of multiple interests, each project must be treated separately. The Expression of Interest should be addressed and delivered not later than 12:00 noon on 10th October, 2013
The General Manager, Procurement
National Inland Waterways Authority
Block C Room 20
Lokoja, Kogi State
Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00p.m. Monday to Friday (except public holidays) from:
Chief Femi Ajisafe
Only short-listed Consultants will be contacted.
Expression of interest through email or fax will not be entertained.