Bank of Industry
Request for Expression of Interest Consulting Services Nigeria
African Development Bank (AFDB) – Line Of Credit (LoC)
Sector: Private Sector
Financing Agreement reference: African Development Bank – Line of Credit (LoC).
The Bank of Industry Limited (BOI) has secured line of credit from the African Development Bank (AfDB) toward the funding of non-oil Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and intend to apply part of the agreed amount or this loan to payments under the contract for the engagement of International Consultant(s) for the design and implementation of the Technical Assistance for Capacity Building for BOI and its SME customers. The services included under this project are as follows:
- Institutional capacity building within the Bank of Industry (BOI)
Under the service mentioned above, the consultant(s) is/are expected to:
- Enhance the existing corporate planning process.
- Examine BOI’s SME loan underwriting process.
- Provide a specialist in loan product development to work with BOI’s management towards incorporating into the Bank’s underwriting process appropriate non asset-based methodologies.
- Work with the Bank towards establishing an Environmental and Social Management System (ESMS) aligned with best practices.
- Work with the Bank to develop a transactional technology to improve screening and monitoring of the BOI’s SME lending operations.
- Work with BOI to develop a proprietary credit scoring model that will incorporate the Bank’s own underwriting process.
- Train BOI staff in evaluation of new SME banking products and services, risk management and use of new management information system in line with best practices.
- Capacity building for SMEs
For the above service the Consultant(s) would be expected to:
- Work with the Bank in enhancing and upgrading the capacity of SMEs through training, mentoring, coaching and technical advisory services on a regular basis.
- In conjunction with the Bank develop a Business Development Service (BDS) programme to address specific capacity gaps that hinder the access of SMEs to bank finance.
The Bank of Industry Limited now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification. Expected start date should be November 2014 and the duration of the contract is twelve (12) – eighteen (18) months for Assignment A and thirty-six (36) months for Assignment
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” (May 2008 Edition, Revised July 2013), which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org .
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours (9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.). Expressions of interest must be delivered to the address below by Friday, 12th Septembers, 2014 at 5.00 p.m. and mention “Consultant Services”.
Attn: Bank of Industry Limited
Mr. Joseph O. Babatunde – General Manager
23 Marina, Lagos
E-mail: email@example.com .