Request for Expression of Interest at Federal Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development (FMA&RD)
Federal Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development (FMA&RD)
(In collaboration with)
Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC)
Transaction Advisory Services for the Concession of 33 Silo Complexes in Nigeria
Request for Expression of Interest
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of this credit to payments for the services of qualified and experienced Transaction Advisers. The Transaction Advisers to be selected will assist the FGN to concession 33 Silo Complexes across Nigeria through Public-Private Partnership (PPP) arrangements. The concession exercise is being supported by the World Bank Group as part of its broader initiative to support Nigeria’s PPP programs. The procurement of the concession will follow the National Policy on PPP published by Nigeria’s Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC).
The Strategic Grains Reserve Department of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMA&RD) manages and operates the 33 silo complexes across the country. The storage capacity Silo Complexes range from 11,000 to 100,000 metric tons with a combined total storage capacity of 1.3 million metric tons. At the moment, only 13 Silo facilities are in operation, 6 new ones have been completed and waiting for commissioning while 14 are at different stages of physical development – 70% to 80% of completion.
The Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and in collaboration with the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission now seeks the services of a Transaction Adviser to provide a broad range of advisory services for the concession of the 33 silo complexes and hereby invites qualified and experienced Transaction Advisers to express interest in providing such services. The services to be provided include but not limited to the following:
• Preparation of Full Business Case , including PPP transaction structuring to complete project PPP development;
- Provide market trends that will confirm decisions on scope, structuring, and timing of transaction;
- Assist in designing and managing the procurement and evaluation process and support to the Project Implementation Team during that process;
- Readiness for market assessment;
- Support in project marketing;
- Organization and preparation, where necessary, of supporting documentation to be made available to bidders (including technical analysis);
- Preparation of bidding documents and assist in negotiation with one or more parties prior to contract award; and
- Management of other advisory inputs and overall management of the advisory team to ensure a successful transaction.
- Social safeguards and environmental issues.
The prospective Transaction Advisers may consist of a single firm or a consortium of firms with the financial, legal, technical, PPP, social/environmental and other specialist expertise required to successfully bring the transaction to market and reach financial close. In the case of a consortium, the consortium, members must jointly identify one of the firms comprising the consortium as the Lead Transaction Adviser. The Lead Transaction Adviser will have primary responsibility for liaising with the Project Implementation Team and for managing the consortium’s advisory inputs as a whole. Firms comprising the consortium with specialized expertise in the finance, legal, and technical fields should be identified, respectively, as the Finance Transaction Adviser, Legal Transaction Adviser, and Technical Transaction Adviser etc. International Advisers are encouraged to form partnerships with reputable Nigerian consulting firms.
Submission of Expressions of Interest (EOIs)
Prospective Transaction Advisers should submit Expression of Interest detailing the following information as basis for pre-qualification:
- Profile of firm/consortium including ownership structure and role of each corporate entity with full contact details of each firm;
- Details of direct experience advising governments in the structuring of PPP transactions;
- Track record of successful closing of PPP concessions, particularly in the agricultural sector;
- Description of roles played in at least five (5) PPP agricultural transactions closed in emerging markets during the past seven (7) years (at least one of which should be in the past three (3) years);
- Relevant experience in silo complex concession or agricultural facility;
- Copies of unabridged financial reports for the last 3years
- Experience working in Nigeria and/or sub-Saharan Africa;
The Adviser will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (2010 revised edition).
Expressions of Interest must be submitted one (1) original and five (5) copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked “EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR TRANSACTION ADVISORY SERVICES FOR CONCESSION OF 33 SILO COMPLEXES”. A CD-ROM version should also be included.
The expressions of interests should be addressed and delivered not later than 5.00pm on October 15th 2013 at the following address:
The Permanent Secretary
Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
Area 11, Garki
FCT Abuja, Nigeria
Attention: Director, Strategic Grains Reserve Department
Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm, Monday through Friday (except public holidays) from Mr. Nelson Hundumofore, Tel: +234-803-787-0944;
Interested proponents are kindly requested to note that:
- Submission of EOIs shall be in English language only.
- Submission of EOIs through electronic media will not be considered.
- Only short-listed Consultants will be contacted.