University of Jos
Request for Expression of Interest
for the (A) Review of Unijos (Permanent Site), (B) Master Plan for Unijos (Lamingo Campus)
(1.0) Introduction and Purpose of Work
Lot A: Review of Unijos Master Plan
The University of Jos is desirous of reviewing its Master Plan, with a view to updating its content to meet current best practices and international standards. Accordingly, Consultants are invited to submit “Expression of interest” for the project.
Focus of the Review
The review has become necessary in order to:
(1) Re-establish the boundaries of the University land taking into consideration, the additional land recently acquired.
(2) Update geographical and other data in the current Master Plan.
(3) To project the said geographical and other data as may be relevant into the future, create credible scenarios responsive to the increase in both staff and student population in recent years against the background of the vision and mission of the University for sustainable development.
(4) Assess and demarcate well-blended zones and articulate the orderly implementation of the plan for various physical and orderly development of the University, taking into consideration the increase in both staff and student population in recent years.
(5) Identify/establish required beef-up for utilities and articulate the distribution so as to ensure that little or no damage is caused to the existing and proposed properties and development.
Lot B: Master Plan for Lamingo Campus
University of Jos is desirous of undertaking the preparation of Physical Master Plan for the Lamingo Campus. The Master Plan shall take into consideration, the existing structures/facilities at the site.
The Master Plan is to guide the future physical development of the Campus. It is also expected, in its design, to reflect the vision and mission of the University for the Lamingo Campus and in so doing, assist to achieve a planned development with its inherent advantages.
Consequently, tenders are invited from reputable and competent Planning Consulting Firms, with proven track records, for the submission of proposals for the preparation of the Master Plan.
Interested Consultants on either of the Lots are expected to submit formal applications accompanied by the following documents in four (4) bound volumes with table of contents and page numbers in the order listed below:
(i) Evidence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
(ii) Company Tax Clearance Certificate for the past three (3) years (2011, 2012 and 2013)
(iii) VAT registration and Evidence of past VAT remittances
(iv) Audited accounts for the last three (3) years (2011,2012 and 2013)
(v) Detailed company profile including the list of key staff with their Curriculum Vitae and relevant positions, and photocopies of professional certificates.
(vi) Evidence of subsisting registration of the firm as well as the key personnel with applicable relevant professional bodies (ARCON, TPRCN, COREN, QSRBN etc)
vii) Evidence of previous experiences in executing projects of similar nature and magnitude in Nigeria, stating client and cost (to be in the form of a valid Consultancy Agreement and any other relevant documents, including Letters of Awards of Engagement and photographs of projects on A3 paper size).
The original copies of the documents listed above may be required for sighting during the opening session. It is therefore necessary for representatives of firms to be in attendance at the opening session with original copies of documents. All companies will be assessed strictly on proof of documents submitted to back up their claims.
(3.0) Submission of Application
All applications and supporting documents must be submitted in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Expression of Interest for Lot A: The Review of UNIJOS Master Plan”
“Expression of Interest for Lot B: Master Plan for Lamingo Campus” as the case may be.
Any Consultant interested in both LOTS must necessarily make separate submission for each LOT and should be addressed to:
University of Jos,
The envelope should be dropped in a tender box at the address above not later than 12.00 noon, Thursday 15th January, 2015.
(4.0) Opening of Application
The application documents shall be opened in the Senate Chambers of the University on same closing day at 2.00pm. Authorized and/or accredited representatives of firms are strongly advised to attend the opening session.
Only selected companies/firms shall be further contacted.
(5.0) Please Note
(1) More information on the project could be obtained from the office of the Director of Physical Facilities, University of Jos between 10.00am and 3.00pm daily.
(2) The University will only deal with authorized officers of the Consultancy Firms (with evidence of authorization).
(3) Improperly compiled, signed, sealed and addressed Expression of Interest shall not be entertained.
(4) The University reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made in documents and reject same, as it may deem fit.
(5) This advertisement for Expression of Interest (EoI) by Consultants for the Review of UNIJOS Master Plan and the Master Plan for Lamingo Campus should not be construed to be commitment on the part of the University to undertake the project nor shall it enable Consultants to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek an indemnity from the University.