Invitation to Tender for Implementation of IP Transmission Capacity Between Branches of Internet Exchange Point of Nigeria (IXPN) at Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)
Nigerian Communications Commission
Invitation to Tender
Implementation of IP Transmission Capacity Between Branches of Internet Exchange Point of Nigeria (IXPN)
(Phase 1 – Lagos to Port Harcourt & Lagos to Abuja)
Ref. No: NCC/IXPN/Vol.1/001/2014
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) wishes to engage the services of a licensee to provide dedicated IP capacity over fibre interconnecting the different sites of IXPN in the country. The chosen provider will provide all required components to deliver the required capacity at all locations. The overall goals of the IXPN Transmission Interconnectivity project are to interconnect IXPN locations in Abuja, Port Harcourt and Lagos in Phase 1, and add Kano, Enugu and a location in the North East in phase 2. This request for proposal is for Phase 1. The interconnectivity capacity provided must be over fibre.
To this end, competent and eligible companies, consortium of eligible companies are invited to submit tender for consideration.
Interested Companies who are eligible are required to submit the following documents in the order stipulated below:
- Verifiable Evidence of Incorporation and registration with CAC.
- Verifiable Tax clearance Certificate for the proceeding 3 years i.e. 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- Verifiable Evidence of Pension Fund/ ITF Contribution,
- Companies audited account for the proceeding 3 years.
- Evidence of compliance with statutory Pension Act
- Evidence of Registration with ITF/Payment of Training Contribution to the Industrial Training Fund
- Evidence of compliance with all NSITF/Employee compensation Act
- Evidence of membership of IXPN with good financial standing
- Evidence of operating in a service provider capacity in Nigeria
- Verifiable evidence of having a Network with Redundancy (on 2 or more physically separate paths) from the bidder’s POP to IXPN’s location
- Evidence of having MPLS network that can support transparent Ethernet (L2VPN/VPLS) network deployment and Redundancy components.
- Verifiable evidence of ownership of a 24-hour fully manned Network Operating Center (NOC)
- The company must hold valid quality certificates from a recognized International certification body/standard.
- Every Submission must be accompanied with an affidavit that all information and documents submitted are true and correct and that no officer of the Commission is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder. Please note that documents submitted by prospective bidders will be subjected to due scrutiny with relevant Government Authorities for validation by the Commission in the course of the bidding process.
Collection of Bidding Document
The tender document detailing the commercial principles, key licensing conditions and technical specifications is available for collection at the Commission’s Procurement Department (2nd Floor, NCC Building, Plot 423, Aguiyi Ironsi Street Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria) upon presentation of a bank draft of N25,000.00 in favour of
Nigerian Communications Commission and signing of a Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement.
Submission of Documents
The prospective Bidders shall enclose the original and two copies of Technical and Financial bids (DVD electronic copy and Hard copy) in two (2) separate envelopes clearly marked “Implementation Of IP Transmission Capacity Between Branches Of Internet Exchange Point Of Nigeria (IXPN Technical” and “Financial”, and enclose the two (2) separate envelopes in one sealed large outer envelope which shall bear the description, the name and address of the Company and addressed to:
The Executive Vice Chairman Nigerian Communications Commission Plot 423 Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja
The documents shall be submitted in the Bid box at the Reception of the Commission’s Head Office at Plot 423 Aguiyi Ironsi Street Maitama Abuja not later than 12 noon 4th November, 2014. The opening of the technical bids will take place immediately after closure of submission date at the Commission’s conference hall within the head office.
Late submissions shall be rejected
- This advertisement is published for information purposes only and should not be considered as a commitment or obligation on the part of the Commission to award a contract.
- The Commission reserves the right to annul or cancel the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities and assigning any reason thereto.
- Only financial bid of companies that met the technical criteria shall be opened during the financial Bid opening.
Independent observers and interested members of the Public are invited to witness the bid opening.
All enquiries should be directed to:
Special Assistant, Technical. To the Executive Vice-Chairman/CEO Nigerian Communications Commission, 8th Floor, Plot 423 Aguiyi ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja.
Director Public Affairs
Nigerian Communications Commission
423, Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Maitama, Abuja. Tel: 09 – 461700 – 29. Fax: 09 – 2344589. Toll Free No: 622
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org http:www.ncc.gov.ng
Nigerian Communications Commission …Connecting Nigeria