Nigerian Press Council
No: 26 Bissau Street, Wuse Zone 6, P.M.B 377 Garki, Abuja
Tel: 09-6233004, 09-6233005
Invitation to Tender
In furtherance of its development of Media Resource Centre, the Nigerian Press Council invites applications from reputable and interested Contractors with relevant experience and good track records of performance to tender for its 2014 capital projects. The projects are:
E – Library and Repositioning of Existing Libraries at Abuja and Lagos, (Lot 1)
(i) Supply of Books on Mass Communication, Journalism, Media Ethics & Law, Political Science, Democracy & Governance, Conflict and Peace Building.
(ii) Supply and Installation of Catalogue Cabinet.
(iii) Supply and Installation of Executive Chairs
(iv) Supply and Installation of Executive Table.
(i) Supply and Installation of Laptops
(ii) Supply and Installation of Desktops
(iii) Supply and Installation of Binding Machine Digitization of Archival Registry in Abuja and Lagos
(iv) Supply and Installation of 200KVA Generator.
Technical Requirement for Pre-Qualification
The Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation and Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Evidence of Company Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2011, 2012 and 2013).
- Evidence of Value Added Tax (VAT) registration Certificate.
- Current Pension Clearance Certificate from PENCOM.
- Evidence of Compliance Certificate with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act No. 19 of 2011.
- Detailed Company Profile indicating CVs/Professional Qualification of Key Company Staff.
- Evidence of Veritable Financial capability/Reference Letter from a Reputable Bank (attach Bank Reference letter).
- Evidence of Experience in Jobs of Similar Nature and Complexity Executed within the last Five (5) years with Veritable Letters of Contract Award and Certificate of Job Completion.
- A Sworn Affidavit that all the Information/Documents provided is Correct and Verifiable by the Organization.
Collection of Tender Documents:
Interested eligible Firms/contractors are expected to collect the tender documents from the office of the head of procurement unit at the Executive Secretary wing, room three (3), last floor, No.26, Bissau Street, Wuse Zone 6, Abuja, after the payment of non refundable fee of N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira) only at the Finance and Accounts of the Council.
Submission of Documents:
All Tender documents (Technical and Financial) Three (3) copies each, are to be neatly bound and placed in two (2) separate envelopes enclosed in a bigger envelope and clearly marked at the top left hand corner with Technical or Financial and the title of the projects) with the name of the company/firm written on the reverse side of the envelope. The envelope should be addressed to:
The Executive Secretary,
Nigerian Press Council,
26 Bissau Street,
Wuse Zone 6, Abuja.
All Tender documents should be dropped in the tender box located at the Servicom Unit in the Council’s office at Abuja within working hours not later than 12:00 noon Thursday 27th November, 2014.
Opening of Bids:
Tender documents will be opened immediately following the deadline of the submission on Thursday 27th November, 2014 at the Conference Room of the Nigerian Press Council Headquarters No. 26, Bissau Street, Wuse Zone 6, Abuja.
- This advertisement shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of the NPC nor shall it entail any bidder to make any claim(s) whatsoever and seek indemnity from NPC by virtue that the bidder has responded to this advertisement.
- Bidding will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding (NCB)procedures as specified in the Procurement Act 2007.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from the procurement officer, NPC.
- Failure to satisfactorily fulfill the conditions as requested above will result to invalidation of such bid.
- NPC shall reserve the right to verify the authenticity of claims made by the bidding parties to reject any submission based on unverifiable information.
- Submission of bids by post or courier will not be acceptable and any bids received at the designated location after the required time and date shall be considered late and non responsive.
- Only shortlisted firms would be contacted.
- This advertisement is published for information purpose only and should not be considered as a commitment or obligation on the part of the Council to award a Contract.
- The Council is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the bidding process without incurring any liabilities and assigning any reason thereof.
- Bidding documents must be duly signed by an authorized official to bind the bidder to a contract.