Invitation to Bid at Bureau of Public Service Reforms
Bureau of Public Service Reforms
Pre-Retirement Training Programme for Staff of Parastatals
Invitation to Bid
The Bureau of Public Service Reforms is in the process of running a Pre-retirement Training Programme for various categories of retiring staff of Federal Parastatals in the country. The programme will run in the six geo-political zones of the country simultaneously. The essence of the training is to help participants adequately adjust to the challenges of retirement, have personal understanding of financial planning, manage their health and help them to appreciate types of business opportunities that are open to them.
The Bureau of Public Service Reforms is by this advertisement inviting interested experienced Training Consultants and Institutions to submit their bid proposals for the Pre-Retirement Training Programme.
The core competencies required of Consultants and Institutions to be engaged are in the following areas:
- Perspective on Retirement
- Personal Financial Planning and Book-keeping
- Relationship Management and Networking
- Personal Effectiveness
- Principles of Entrepreneurship
- Post Retirement Interest Mapping and Specialized Vocational Activity Training
- Computer Appreciation; Information and Communication Technology
- Pension Management under the New Pension Reform Act
- Business Registration and Cooperative Society Formation
- Research Methodology and Report Writing
- Establishment & Management of Small Scale Businesses
- Health and Wellness Management.
In order to qualify for consideration, eligible Management Consultants will be required to submit the following:
- Full details of the company’s profile
- Name, e-mail address and telephone number(s) of contact person for the programme
- Certificate of Registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Three years Tax Clearance Certificate (2010,2011 &2012)
- Two to Five years of professional practice
- Evidence of similar job(s) executed in the past
- Evidence of Financial capacity from a reputable bank
- Organizational structure, available manpower with a list of technical staff with their resumes
- Evidence of compliance with the provision of the Industrial Training Fund (Amendment) Act, 2011
- Evidence of membership of Professional Training Association(s) or Human Resource Management Organization(s), and/or Certification by the Centre for Management Development (CMD)
- Evidence of compliance with the provision of the Pension Reform Act, 2004
- Payment of non-refundable bidding fee of (N20,000.00) twenty thousand Naira only in bank draft payable to the Bureau of Public Service Reforms.
Failure to submit any of the above listed documents may lead to the disqualification of the bidder.
Consults will be selected in accordance with the provisions of the Procurement Act 2007 and Due Process. Interested Consultants may obtain further information on the subject matter at the address below
Bidders are required to submit two hard copies and one soft copy of the Expression of Interest containing PowerPoint presentation on the areas of core competencies, not exceeding twenty slides; and financial proposal in separate envelopes clearly marked “Technical Bid” and “Financial Bid” respectively, and addressed to:
The Director General,
Bureau of Public Service Reforms
Block D, 3rd Floor,
Federal Secretariat Extension,
Shehu Shagari Way,
“Pre-retirement Training Programme” should be clearly indicated at the top left hand corner of the envelopes.
The bid should be dropped in the Tender Box in the Procurement Unit, Room 316 of the Bureau. Bidder’s name and address should be indicated on the reverse side of the envelope.
All submissions must reach the address below not later than 12.00 noon on 4th November, 2013. Submitted bids will be opened at 1.00pm the same day.