Tender Opportunity at Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC)
Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited
Operator of the NNPC/NAOC/Philips Oil Joint Venture
Construction of New Data Center at Ekeremor Close,
NAOC PH BASE
Nigerian Agip Oil Company Limited (NAOC) the operator of NAOC/Phillips (hereinafter called Company, intends to put in place a contract for the Construction of New Data Center. The Company therefore invites submissions from interested and reputable contractors/Consultants (hereinafter called Applicant) who possess suitable cognate experience in the construction of modern data center and with suitable equipment, premises and qualified employees, to apply for prequalification for the scope of service defined below.
The required services shall be for duration of twenty four (24) months.
2. Scope of Work
The scope of me project include but not limited to the followings:
- Procurement and installation of 500KVA generator (CATERPILLAR Sound-proof Prime Rated) Model C18, ACERT. 400/230, 50HZ,1500RPM, Pf = 0.8
- Procurement/installation of 1500KVA 0.4/11KV end 500KVA, 11/0.4KV transformers.
- Installation of 11-kilovolts ABB Safety plus outdoor, panel.
- Procurement of 500KVA stabilizer unit, 415Volts busbar panel
- Procurement and installation of 4 x160KVA UPS-Liebert NXa.
- Provision and Installation of battery banks-power sine 12V/24 x 200HP
- Installation of Server room AC, Liebert Himod S23 precision air conditioners
- Laying of low and medium voltage armoured cables.
- Installation low and medium voltage line accessories.
- Geotechnical survey and analysis
- Concrete Foundation works for 120M telecom Tower
- Installation of 120M Mast Segments
- Construction of Data Centre Building
- Installation of Fire Detection. Alarm and Hose reel systems
- External works
- Supply of furniture items and miscellaneous Items
Applicable National Standards
In addition to all specifications and standards referred to in other parts of this specification contractor shall perform the works in compliance with the requirement of the CURRENT ELECTRICITY SUPPLY REGULATIONS OF NIGERIA.
All electrical works must be conducted in compliance with current Electricity Regulation of, Nigeria and other National and International standards. In addition, the works shall conform to the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR regulations). All other equipment required for these services shall meet applicable statutory requirements, codes of practice and specifications.
3. Mandatory Requirements
a) To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Telecommunication Installation / Support Services, 3.11.98 (Other Communication Services) and Other Information System (IS)/Information Technology (IT) Services, 3.1199 for in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) database. All successfully pre-qualified Suppliers in this category will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT).
b) To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service category you are listed for: Open www.nipexng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on continue Joint Qualification Scheme tool, click check my Supplier status and then click supplier product group.
c) If you are not listed in a product/service category you are registered with DPR to -do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
d) To initiate the qualification process, access www.nipexng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
a) Company Corporate / Legal Structure
- Is the business properly constituted by law and registered with the appropriate authorities in Nigeria. Provide certificate of incorporation
- Does the business have Nigerian agency or ownership at a level appropriate to the category of contractor being invited for the contract, and is it properly registered with the Nigerian authorities? Provide evidence
- Is the company duly registered in Nigeria and has DPR permit and registration number. Please provide contractor’s current DPR License, valid for telecommunications and related services.
b) Financial Capability
1. Properly prepared and audited account in the past three years. Provide audited accounts for the past three (3) years.
2. Has the business demonstrated a sustainable financial growth profile over the past three years, showing turnover stable or grown, positive cash flow before investment, net profits stable or growing?
c) Organizational Strength
1. Does the business have a clear management structure from top down, and are there clear lines of delegation of authority and accountability that permit the companies cooperate efficiently. Provide company organogram
2. What is the quality of the top management team in the company? Provide CVs of 2 key management personnel.
d) CASHES and HSE Management
1. Who is responsible and accountable in the business for the implementation of effective HSE management?
2. Policy and Strategy: Do these policies conform to NAOC’s Statement of Group Business Principles and Internal HSE guidelines?:
3. Leadership and Commitment: Evidence of the commitment of management and staff to HSE-MS
4. Knowledge of Project Area: Knowledge of community relations / security programme in the Niger Delta or similar environment, and evidence – of comprehensive community relations plan.
5. HSE Management: Evidence of active management of HSE and HSE records.
6. Quality Management: Provide evidence of an existing quality management policy and plan.
7. Provide a job hazard analysis for each aspect of the civil, electrical and lower erection implementation activities.
8. Provide evidence of Medical retainer-ship for staff
Provide a listing of company – provided PPEs for field operational staff.
e) Job Capability;
1. Provide evidence of similar jobs relating to installation of a self supporting telecoms tower.
2. Provide evidence of technical agreement with Concrete pile foundation experts
3. Provide detailed evidence of experience with major electrical & power installations
4. Do you have any previous experiences on installing and supporting a self supporting telecoms mast? If yes provide evidence.
5. Provide number of engineers that are to be dedicated (full – time) to supporting this service.
4. Nigerian Content
Bidders are invited to express complete understanding and willingness to comply with provisions of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content development (NOGICD) Act 2010. Consequently, bidders’ submissions shall be evaluated, strictly with the, minimum evaluation criteria defined in The Act.
The documentation for evaluation shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Demonstration that entity is a Nigerian registered (company as defined in the NOGICD Act 2010 by providing details of Company ownership and share holding structure with clear certified true copies of bidders’ Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) forms C02 and C07.
- Nigerian Content Plan that demonstrates the full utilization of Nigerian labour and services with detailed description of role, work scope and man-hours in order to achieve the minimum target as set out in the requirements of the NOGICD Act 2010. Where in-country capacity is inadequate, propose innovations to bridge the gap.
- Current and in-place organizational structure with detailed experience and skills of key, management personnel with names. Provide evidence (personnel lists and positions with organizational chart to substantiate) percentage of management that are Nigerian nationals and the percentage of the total workforce that are Nigerians.
- Where the bidding entity lacks capacity, genuine alliances with multinational companies for the purpose of technology transfer shall be encouraged. The alliance/joint venture shall be executed with binding Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) signed by chief executives of both entities stating clear work-share ratio among the parties and time frame for growth or transfer to be achieved.
- Evidence that engineering services shall be performed in Nigeria with a clear demonstration of local office address (not P.O. Box) with verifiable evidence of staffing levels; this will be supported by full description of Nigerian office to domicile engineering.
- Detail past/present commitment to staff training and development of Nigerian personnel. Furnish detailed training plan for the service.
- Specific to this project, provide evidence (personnel list) of percentage management that are Nigerian nationals and of the total workforce that are Nigerians.
- Provide evidence to show that a minimum of 50% of the equipment to be deployed for the work is owned by the Nigerian subsidiary if international or multinational company is working through the Nigerian subsidiary including equipment list.
- Bidder’s sourcing strategy/plan for this scope of service; and evidence of source of products materials e.t.c. with details of the applicants relationship with local suppliers and service providers e.g. in the management of logistics, personnel e.t.c.
- Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) or evidence of application to NCDMB for the issuance of the Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate.
- Evidence of the address and location where procurement and project management activities will be coordinated in Nigeria.
- Detailed specific programmes in place to transfer technology and skills to Nigerian businesses.
Failure to meet the Nigerian Content requirements is a ‘FATAL FLAW.”
5. Closing Date
Only tenderers who are registered with the relevant NJQS product/service category. Other Communication Services, 3.11.98 and Other Information System (IS)/Information Technology (IT) Services, 3.11.99, as at October 30, 2013, being the advert closing date, shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
6. Additional Information
This’ advertisement of Tender Opportunity shall not be construed as a commitment on part of NAOC, nor shall it entitle Applicants to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from NAOC and/or any of its Partners by virtue of such Applicants having responded to this Advert.
Please visit the NipeX Portal at www.nipexng.com for this Advert and other information