Invitation for the Pre-qualification at Central Bank of Nigeria
Central Bank of Nigeria
Invitation for the Pre-qualification for the Provision of Total Facilities Management Services at Central Bank of Nigeria
The Central Bank of Nigeria is desirous to undertake a pre-qualification and tender exercise for the provision of Total Facilities Management services at some of its business location. The highlights of the facilities management operating model are:
- The outsourcing of 3 service areas; engineering services, environmental services and building maintenance services.
- The employment of “Total Facilities Management” approach which entails outsourcing management of all facilities to one facilities manager per branch/location.
Facilities Management Services
Facilities Management at the CBN covers management, maintenance and replacement of the Bank’s facilities at all existing business locations nationwide. For the purpose of this pre-qualification, the locations to be covered are:
a. CBN Head Office, Abuja (Ref. No.- CBN/FMP2013/001A)
b. CBN New Branch Building, Lagos (Ref. No.-CBN/FMP2013/001B)
c. CBN Learning Centre, Lagos (Ref. No.- CBN/FMP2013/001C)
d. CBN Garki Branch, Abuja (Ref. No.-CBN/FMP2013/001D)
e. CBN Ibadan Branch (Ref. No.- CBN/FMP2013/001E)
f. CBN Port Harcourt Branch (Ref. No.- CBN/FMP2013/001F)
g. CBN Kano Branch (Ref. No.-CBN/FMP2013/001G)
h. CBN Enugu Branch (Ref. No.- CBN/FMP2013/001H)
i. CBN Bauchi Branch (Ref. No.-CBN/FMP2013/0011)
j. CBN International Training Institute, Abuja (Ref. No- CBN/FMP2013/001J)
Scope of Activities of Total Facilities Managers (TFM):
a. Engineering Services
- Maintenance, operation and fuelling of generating sets
- Maintenance of lifts, escalators and cleaning cradles
- Maintenance of refrigeration & air-conditioning systems
- Installation & maintenance of DSTV/PABX systems
- Maintenance of power supply and distribution gadgets such as transformers (substations) and other related gadgets e.g. HT/MV/LV panels
- CCTV, Public Address and Fire & Raid Alarm systems
- Maintenance of fire hydrants and fire hose reels
- Electrical cabling, installations and fittings
b. Environmental Maintenance Services
- Cleaning of all external and internal areas of Bank premises
- Fumigation/Pest Control
- Collection and disposal of refuse
c. Building Maintenance Services
- General renovations: painting, carpentry and civil works
- Building fabric maintenance
- Mechanical installations management
- Plumbing installations management and water works
- Roof works
- Maintenance of fixtures
- Boreholes & water treatment
The CBN hereby Invites reputable Facilities Management firms/consortium, having in experience in facilities management, to participate in a competitive pre-qualification process for the provision of facilities management services to the Bank at the locations listed above in line with the scope of activities outlined above.
A. Pre-Qualification Criteria
- The firm/consortium should have appropriate infrastructure to deliver a large scale facilities management service.
- The firm/consortium must have similar verifiable experiences
- The firm/consortium should be able to deploy appropriate personnel for the efficient delivery of services.
- The firm/consortium should demonstrate the ability to set-up a mechanism for close interaction with in-house personnel monitoring the services.
The company’s notice of intent shall be accompanied by the following:
Mandatory (without which companies will be disqualified)
i. Evidence of legal and professional status of the firm/consortium
ii. Memorandum and Article of Association of the firm/consortium (where applicable)
iii. Current tax clearance certificate (evidence of payment of tax for the last three (3) years as and when due; and such evidence should reflect the value of the projects undertaken by the Company in the three (3) years)
iv. Certificate of compliance issued by the National Pension Commission as evidence of employer’s obligation to employees with respect to pensions.
v. Evidence of payment of training contributions to Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
vi. Evidence of registration with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRC).
vii. Company profile and evidence of relevant experience in similar facilities
viii. Verifiable reference list of clients for whom similar services were/are being executed giving scope, location and value
ix. Company’s audited financial reports and funding information over the last three years
x. Statement of the organization’s core technical competencies and skills available
xi. Details of key manpower resources available including names and short CV’s of key professional staff to be deployed.
xii. Name, position, phone number, facsimile number and web address of firm/consortium contact person.
The requested information should be arranged in the order shown above.
Submission of Documents
1. Expressions of Interest must be submitted in both soft and hard copies sealed and marked: – “Prequalification for Total Facilities Management Services at Central Bank of Nigeria, ___” and addressed to:-
Major Contracts Tenders Committee
2nd Floor, Wing C
CBN Head Office Complex,
Central Business District,
Abuja, FCT Nigeria.
Fax No: 09-462- 38239
e-mail: – email@example.com
All submissions must be received at the above address on or before October 30, 2013.
All submissions will be opened on 5th November, 2013 at 2nd Floor Wing D Procurement & Support Services Department, CBN Head Office Complex, Abuja
a) Nothing in the advert shall be construed to be a commitment on the part of the CBN.
b) Only successful pre-qualified contractors would be invited to tender.