Invitation for Submission of Proposal for the Design and Implementation of a Pension Verification System for the Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD)
Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate
Preamble: Notice of Invitation (Advertisement) for Submission of Proposal for the Design and Implementation of a Pension Verification System for the Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD)
The Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD) was established in August 2013 in accordance with section 30 (sub-section 20) of the Pension Reform Act (PRA) 2004 (amended in 2014) and the approval of Mr. President, Amongst other functions, PTAD is charged with the responsibility of pension management under the defined benefit scheme for pensioners who are not transiting to the contributory pension scheme.
Section 32 of the PRA 2004 stipulates that the PTAD shall carry out the functions of the relevant pension boards or offices in the public service of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and shall in particular:
- Make budgetary estimates for existing pensioners and the officers exempted from the Contributory Pension Scheme under section 8 of
ii. Ascertain deficits in the pension payments, if any, to existing pensioners and the categories of officers exempted under section 8, and carry out such other functions aimed at ensuring the welfare of pensioners as the National Pension Commission (PenCom) may from time to time direct.
Section 33 also stipulates that the Department shall pay gratuity and pensions to the existing pensioners or the categories of officers exempted under Section 8 of the Act in accordance with the relevant and applicable computation under the existing Pay-As-You-Go pension scheme of the public service of the federation and the Federal Capital Territory.
The Department, in order to effectively deliver on its mandate requires a pension verification system (PVS) that will lead achieving the ideal of “One Person equals One Pension”.
In view of the above, it is necessary for PTAD to identify and engage appropriately qualified Consultant firm(s) with relevant capacity, software technology and competency to design and implement the required verification system.
Statutory/General Requirement For Qualification
Pursuant to the procurement of a competent Consultant firm(s) for the design and implementation of the required pension verification system, interested qualified firms are required in line with relevant sections of Public Procurement Act 2007 (PPA 2007) and Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) guidelines, to submit a detailed project implementation proposal along with the following information;
- Certified true copy of certificate of incorporation or relevant documentation to certify statutory registration of firm(s) in their country of origin.
- Certified true copy of MEMART (Memorandum & Article of Association) or relevant documentation applicable to firms country of origin.
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years
- Certificate of Compliance issued by the National Pension Commission as evidence of fulfilling the employer’s obligation to employees with respect to deduction and remittance of pensions or relevant documentation applicable to firm’s country of origin.
- Evidence of payment of training contributions to Industrial Training Fund (ITF) or relevant documentation applicable to firm’s country of origin.
- Evidence of Registration with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (FRC) or relevant documentation applicable to-firm’s country of origin.
- 3 years Company Audited Annual Report for the last three years Comprehensive Company profile indicating history, organizational structure, area of specialization, key competencies and resources.
- Full detail of management team with CV -of key personnel and professional staff proposed to be deployed for relevant project as appropriate, (please indicate where available, evidence of membership of professional bodies)
- Letter of reference from the company’s bankers as to its financial capacity to undertake the service bidding for.
- Summary list (with short description) supported with verifiable
documentary evidence of similar and other jobs successfully executed within the last three years in Nigeria and/or other African or emerging economy countries. Such evidence shall be in the form of valid and verifiable letters of contract award, contract agreement and completion certificate.
- Company registered address, functional contact email address, GSM phone number(s) and facsimile number(s). (Note that all address details provided will be validated).
- Letter of direct certification as Authorised Partner / Representative for the proposed system (in the event that such system is proprietary
Collection of Request for Proposal Document
Interested and qualified consultancy firm(s) can pick up a copy of the Request for Proposal (RFP) document which provides details of the terms of reference, scope of services and other specific requirement for delivery of the assignment from PTAD’s office on submission of a formal application addressed to the Director General at the address indicated below.
Please note that Request for Proposal documents shall only be available for collection between the hours of 09:00am to 4:00pm every working day from Monday 25th August 2014 to Friday, 5th September 2014.
- This invitation is open only to reputable firms with direct proprietary ownership and technical competency for the design and implementation of a pension verification system (PVS).
- Only firms who are successfully evaluated will be contacted to proceed to subsequent stages of this procurement process.
- PTAD reserves the right to verify the authenticity of any claims made on the proposal documents submitted by companies.
- Failure to comply with the instructions and provide any required document(s) may automatically result in disqualification
- Submission of false documents is an offence and will lead to disqualification and prosecution.
Submission of Proposal Documents
Proposal must be submitted in six (6) copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Proposal for the Design and Implementation of Pension Verification System”.
ACD-ROM version should also be included.
Proposals should be addressed and delivered not later than 12:00 noon on Friday 3rd October 2014 to the D.G.’s office as addressed below:
(Attention: Head Procurement)
Pension Transitional Arrangement (PTAD) Directorate
No 22, Katsina Ala Crescent,
Off Yedseram Street,
Maitama, FCT, Abuja
Please note that bids sent after the deadline or by email and/or fax will not be entertained.
For all enquiries, please email: email@example.com
Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD)