Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender for Contractors, Year 2013 Tetfund Normal Intervention Project at University of Benin
University of Benin
Benin City, Nigeria
Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender for Contractors, Year 2013 Tetfund Normal Intervention Project.
The University of Benin is to implement some projects to be financed with fund from the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund). Consequently, the University is to pre-qualify reputable contractors to bid for the implementation of the project. Interested contractors with experiences in procurement and other relevant fields are hereby requested to submit their company profiles for consideration.
2. Brief Description of the Project
Construction of 1 No. 2-storey Block for Science Laboratory Department in the Faculty of Life Sciences- 3 floor framed structure comprising of
Construction of Lecture Theatre and Halls for Faculty of Education.
Procurement of 1No. 350KVA FG Wilson Perkins Generator, Complete with all accessories including Installation and Transportation.
- Tender Fee
No fee shall be charged for the pre-qualification exercise. However, since the pre-qualification and commercial tendering shall be carried out simultaneously, all interested contactors have to pay the prescribed tender fee as listed below. No refund shall be made to the contractor that fails to pre-qualify.
|S/N||Project||Tender Fee (N)|
|1||Construction of 1 No. 2-storey Block for Science Laboratory Department in the Faculty of Life Sciences||80,000.00|
|2||Construction of Lecture Theatre and Halls for Faculty of Education||80,000.00|
|3||Procurement of 1No. 350KVA FG Wilson Perkins Generator, Complete with all accessories including Installation and Transportation||50,000.00|
4. Bidding Criteria
Your company should show the following:
- Organizational structure, name and resume of any administrative and technical office and their phone numbers.
- Certificate of academic and professional qualification of the officer will be of added advantage.
- Company registration with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Company tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
- Evidence of registration with PENCOM Act. 2004
- Evidence of registration with ITF VAT Registration
- Evidence of financial capability or possible assistance from your bank Audited accounts of the company 2010,2011,2013
- List of verifiable similar projects previously handled by you in the last five years. You must clearly describe the listed projects, stating their clients, dates of award, project duration, dates of completion and costs. Copies of award letter, photograph and completion certificates are necessary. Using of unverifiable projects may result in disqualification.
- Evidence of similar job done
- Health and Safety policy of the organization
- Evidence of involvement in the development of you community or the University of Benin.
- Evidence of previous legal action a client describing reasons and outcome will be of added advantage.
5. Collection of Tender Document
All interested contractors after paying the prescribe tender fee at the University of Benin, shall collect the tender documents from the Office of the Director, Physical Planning between the hours of 10am and 3pm daily on presentation of the current Tax Clearance report for the year 2012, 2013, 2014, Collection of documents will be between 11th August, 2014 and 22nd September, 2014.
6. Submission of Tender Documents
All bidders are to submit both the technical bid for pre-qualification and the commercial bid (Completed bids) in separate sealed envelopes.
The envelopes are to be addressed to:
The Registrar, University of Benin,
P.M.B. 1154, Benin City.
The top left hand corner of the envelops shall bear the name of the project for which you are applying and also specify whether is a technical or Commercial Bid
For Example: “Technical Bid-Construction of Lecture Theatre and Halls for Faculty of Education “OR” Commercial Bid-Construction of Lecture Theatre and Halls for Faculty of Education”.
The Technical bid inscriptions shall be written in Bold red felt pen while the commercial bid will be written in Bold green felt pen. These documents shall be dropped in Tender Boxes marked “Technical” and “Commercial” which shall be supplied for this purpose in the Central Administration Office Block. Room 36.
7. Opening of pre-qualification documents:
The Technical and Commercial bids shall be opened after 12 noon on 22nd September, 2014 in the University Senate Chambers. All bidders are expected to attend. Interested members of the public and journalist are invited to witness the ceremony of the bids. After the opening of the documents the Technical bids shall be analyses by the University Technical Committee. Only the pre-qualified contractors shall have their commercial bids analyzed for subsequent award.
8. Contact Person
For all enquiries regarding the tendering process, you may contact:
The Director Physical Planning Division,
Vice Chancellor’s Office, University of Benin, Benin City.
- The Tender fee is non-refundable The University of Benin neither is neither nor obliged to shortlist any contractor or to award the comma to any contractor or his agent.
- The University reserves the right to reject any bid.
- The university will only contact successful pre-qualified contractors to partake in the commercial tendering the project the University will not enter into any form of correspondence with biding contractors
G.O. Ogboghodo (Mrs.)