Invitation for Expressions of Interest for Transaction Advisory (TA) Services for PPP Arrangement(s) at Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST)
Federal Ministry of Communication Technology, Nigeria
Invitation for Expressions of Interest for Transaction Advisory (TA) Services for PPP Arrangement(s) for NIPOST to Improve Financial
In accordance with ICRC Act 2005 and National Policy on Public Private Partnership
1. The Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) is a strategic asset in the attainment of social, economic, financial, and digital inclusion in Nigeria.
2. The Federal Ministry of Communication Technology, Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) and the Central Bank of Nigeria in like with the Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission (ICRC) Act, 2005 and the National Public-Private Partnership Policy Guidelines intend to implement a Public Private Partnership (PPP) to enable NIPOST contribute substantially to financial inclusion, in collaboration with private partners.
3. Financial inclusion in Nigeria is low; in 201 2 only 28.6 million out of the total of 87.9 million adults have access to financial services. Most unbanked people live in the rural areas.
4. One of the reasons for not having a bank account is that bank branches are few and far away from potential customers. Banks branches are mainly located in urban areas. However, postal outlets have a relatively good presence in rural areas and consequently can contribute substantially to bringing financial services nearer to the rural population.
5. A consultant has been engaged to structure and implement a Public Private Partnership arrangement that would enable an infusion of Private Sector Investment to support NIPOSTs effective participation in financial inclusion and other initiatives of the Nigerian Financial System.
6. As part of the PPP procurement process, the Federal Ministry of Communication Technology hereby invites prospective Transaction Advisers to express interest in assisting it select a suitable private partner to implement its Postal Digital and Financial Inclusion Strategy.
7. The Terms of Reference for this assignment shall involve transaction advisory services for the selection of a Private Partner (PPP) for NIPOST in providing (Postal) Financial Services through postal outlets (Inclusion). The tasks involved shall include but not be limited tow orking with the consultant on the following:
- Preparation of Bid Documents, Information Memorandum, etc
- Facilitate market awareness, investor sensitization bides conference, etc
- PPP procurement including prequalification of bidders, RFB, bid evaluation, selection of preferred bid, contract negotiation etc
- Preparation and revision of Full Business Case (FBC) including concession agreement as required
- Public consultation including planning and implementing environmental and social safeguards action plans
- Provision of other advisory services required for a successful PPP procurement.
- Please note that successful Bidder(s), if International, would be required to engage a Local Partner
Method of Application
Transaction Advisory firms may associate as a group, with a lead firm consisting of technical, legal, financial and environmental advisers. Prospective TAs should submit an Expression of Interested detailing the following minimum requirements as a basis for pre-qualification.
- Profile of firm (including evidence of business registration, ownership structure tax clearance for three (3) years, evidence of staff pension contributions, relevant professional registration, satisfactory evidence of association, capability profile of the firm and full contact details.
- Details of experience providing full complement of advisory services to government in structuring and procuring PPP projects
- Copies of abridged audited financial reports for the last 3 years
- Description of experience providing PPP advisory services in the Postal Financial services Sector, in Africa or similar environment
Upon receipt of Expressions of Interest (EOI) from prospective TAs, the Federal Ministry of Communication Technology, the Nigerian Postal Services (NIPOST), and the Central Bank Nigeria in collaboration with the ICRC shall evaluate the submissions and pre-qualify applicants
Expression of Interest must be submitted on 22nd October 2013 copies in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Invitation for Expressions of Interest for Transaction Advisory (TA) for PPP Arrangement(s) for PPP Arrangement(s) for NIPOST to Improve Financial Inclusion” Including a CD-ROM version.
The expressions of interests should be addressed and delivered not later than
5.00pm on (Date/ Please Insert) at the address listed below:
NIPOST PPP Transaction Adviser Evaluation Committee
Federal Ministry of Communication Technology,
Federal Secretariat Complex,
3rd Floor, Phase 1 , Annex III, Shehu Shagari Way, Abuja
Interested applicants may obtain further information at the address above from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday through Friday (Except public holidays) from:
- Name: Mr Ahmed Gumel
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please include “NIPOST PPP Project” in the Subject line)
Only short-listed Consultants will be contacted
Expression of interest through email or fax will not be entertained.