Invitation for Expression of Interest for the Provision of Consultancy Services for FCT Education Secretariat, Abuja at Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA)
Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA)
P.M.B, 24 Garki, Abuja.
09-3141266, Fax: 09-3141266
Abuja-Tel. 09 3141266
Invitation for Expression of Interest for the Provision of Consultancy Services for FCT Education Secretariat, Abuja
The FCT Education Secretariat is inviting competent and interested Firms (Consortium) to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for Consultancy Services. The services required are as follows:
LOT A1 – Enhancement of Capacity Training for Procurement Professionals
The Procurement Unit of the Education Secretariat is desirous of engaging suitable and qualified consultants for intensive training of its Procurement Officers on the effective implementation of procurement processes and utilization of the latest trend in Public Procurement to suit and adapt to the peculiar needs of the Education Sector in the FCT so as to meet international standard.
LOT B1 – Consultancy Services For The Conduct Of Biometric Data Capture Of Pupils And Students In Public Boarding Schools Of The FCT And Issue Of Id Number That Are Flexible And Sustainable.
BACKGROUND – FCT Education Secretariat is desirous of engaging suitable and qualified consultants for the conduct of Biometric Data Capture of pupils and students in Public Boarding Schools of the FCT and issue of ID Numbers with smart cards. This project intends to stem up the security challenges in the FCT and Nigeria in general and to curtail incessant access to Public Schools in the FCT. Hence, the Biometric Database should allow for the issue of a unique primary key for identification, authentication and verification of pupils and students in Public Boarding Schools of the FCT.
LOTC1: PROVISION OF GEOLOGICAL AND GEOPHYSICAL
SURVEYS AT KOICA MODEL SCHOOL, AIRPORT ROAD PLOT 70 (2.45H
- A) PLOT 235 (1.90HA)
BACKGROUND – The FCT Education Secretariat in collaboration with KOICA is desirous of engaging suitable and qualified consultants who will conduct geological and geophysical survey so as to investigate the proposed model school land and its surface soils and rocks for environmental concerns and hazard reductions. The goal of the survey is to build some base maps and models, including topography stratigraphy, rock distribution and geological structure delineation, etc. such that will aid in the construction of the school.
- Eligibility for Consideration
Interested consultants must provide information on their expertise and experience with any prior similar assignments; experience in similar conditions; availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc, to indicate that they are qualified to perform the services. Other eligibility requirements as basis for prequalification include:
- Evidence of incorporation/Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
- Photocopies of three (3) years current Tax Certificate issued by the Federal Inland Revenue Services;
- Photocopy of Value Added Tax (VAT) Certificate;
- Certificate of compliance with the PENCOM Act 2004 in line with provision of section 16, subsection 6b of the PPA2007;
- Provide information on expertise and experience in similar conditions; availability of appropriate skills among staff; organogram etc.
- Bank reference from reputable Bank(s);
- Evidence of financial viability;
- Company audited accounts for the last three (3) years from a Chartered Accounting Firm; and
- Sworn affidavit in line with section 16, sub-section 6(e-f) of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
The responses will be reviewed and those consultants deemed best qualified will be short-listed according to the following criteria:
- In-house capacity (in Nigeria and global network) to complete the work streams;
- Successful track record in conducting similar multidimensional projects (policy reform in academic system, IT and improvement in education system);
- Appropriate experience in Africa and particularly, in Nigeria.
Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI)
- It should be noted that Consulting Firm can only apply for a single project listed in paragraph 2 (marked lot A-C). One original, two (2) hard copies and one (1) soft copy of responses must be delivered in a clearly sealed and labeled envelope marked: “Expression of Interest for……………… (LOT No. and title of work)” all pages duly endorsed by the bidders and Addressed to:
Head, Procurement Unit,
Education Secretariat Area 11,
And dropped in the Tenders box stationed In the Procurement Unit, Ayangba Street beside Mangal Plaza, Area 11, Garki-Abuja within the official hours (9:00am to 4:00pm).
- Education Secretariat reserves the right to verify any information provided or to request additional information after EOI packages are received. It also reserves the right to reject any or all Consultants would be selected in accordance with International Best Practices.
- The Secretariat may request for the Original copies of Documents presented and may embark on Due Diligence where necessary.
- It should also be noted that Tenders’ Register must be signed on submission.
- Closing and Opening
All submissions must be received at the address within the official hours (9:00am to 4:00pm) on or before 3rd November, 2014. All submissions shall be publicly opened on the same day immediately after the closure of submission at the FCTA Education Secretariat Procurement Unit, Ayangba Street opposite Mangal Plaza, Area 11 Garki Representatives of companies are advised to be at the Bid opening.