Invitation for contractors Pre-qualification and Tender at University Of Benin, Benin City
University Of Benin, Benin City, Nigeria
Invitation for contractors Pre-qualification and Tender for Renovation and Remodeling of Capital Main Building and Guest Chalets
The University is desirous of renovating and rehabilitating some project in her bid to enhance the existing and proposed structures in the campus. In this regard, the University is inviting suitably qualified Contractors with proven track records in construction for pre-qualification and Tender for project implementation.
Interested Contractors with the notable experience are therefore invited to bid in respect of the implementation.
12.0. Brief Description of the Project
The Renovation and Remodeling of Capitol Main Building and Guest Chalets.
- This involves demolition and alteration work of some existing block works, creating openings for columns;
- Removal of existing roof members Asbestos roofing sheets and ceilings and replacing with new roofing trusses and noggins, removing of existing aluminum sliding windows and installation of new ones and general finishing.
3.0. Tender Fee
|The Renovation And Remodeling Of Capitol Main Building and Guest Chalets
4.0. Bidding Criteria
- Company profile showing organizational charts, names and resume of key Administrative and Technical officers and phone numbers. Academic and professional qualifications of the officers will be added advantage
- Evidence of incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Registration with constructing bodies like the Federal Ministry of Works. Registration in category “A” with the University of Benin will be of added advantage.
- Evidence of Tax Clearance for the year 2010, 2011, and 2012. Audited Account for the years 2010, 2011, 2012.
- Provision of VAT Certificate.
- Evidence of Financial capabilities of possible assistance from your bank.
- List of verified similar projects previously handled by you in the last five years. You must clearly describe the listed projects, stating their clients, date of award, project duration, date of completion and cost. Copy of award letter, photographs and completion certificates are necessary. Listing of unverifiable projects may result in disqualification.
- List of verifiable plants and equipment owned by your organization. Evidence of ownership will be added advantage. Listing of unverifiable equipment may result in disqualification.
- Health and safety policy of your organization.
- Evidence of your involvement in the development of your community and University of Benin.
- Details of all litigation cases on previous construction projects.
5.0. Submission of Document
Your pre-qualification and Tender documents must be sealed in an envelope and addressed to:
The University of Benin,
The top left hand corner shall bear the lot and name of the project for which you are applying for pre – qualification e.g. “The Renovation and Remodeling Of Capitol Main Building Guest Chalets”
Document shall be submitted in a special Tender box provided in room 41 Block B Central Administration Building (Registrar’s Office Building) not later than 16th September, 2013.
6.0. Deadline for Submission
The documents shall be submitted not later than 12.00noon, Monday, 16th September, 2013.
7.0. Opening of Documents
The Documents shall be opened on at 2.00pm on Monday, 16th September 2013 after receipt in the University Senate Chambers. All bidders are expected to attend. Interested members of the public and journalists are invited to witness the opening activities.
The Ag Director of Physical Planning
Vice – Chancellor’s Office
University of Benin
- The Tender fee is non refundable
- The University of Benin is neither committed nor obliged to short list any contactor or to award the contract to any contractor or his agents.
- The University will only contact successful contractors in the commercial tendering for the projects.
- The University will not enter into any form of correspondence with bidding contractors.
Mrs. G.O. Ogboghodo