Nigeria Meteorology Agency (NIMET)
National Weather Forecasting and Climate Research Centre
Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, Nigeria
Invitation for Bids
The Nigerian Meteorology Agency (NIMET) in fulfillment of its mandate in Aviation Road Map; and in accordance with the 2007 Public Procurement Act, invites interested and eligible contractors to tender for the execution of the following project which are to be funded through the 2013 Federal Government (FGN) Appropriation.
Automation of Meteorological Data Collection and Transmission
The Agency experts prospective bidders to demonstrate competencies in the digitalization of historical climate data and the transmission of data in real-time from synoptic stations and offices nationwide to the Central Server at the National Weather Forecasting and Climate Research Centre, Abuja.
Interested and eligible bidders are to obtain further information and collect the bidding documents at the address given below from the date of Advertisement, 10:00am to 4:00pm, Mondays to Fridays, except on public holidays.
3. Qualification Requirements
Interested bidders are expected to meet ail requirements specified in the Bidding documents which include:
- Evidence of incorporation in Nigeria (CAC forms CO2 and CO7).
- Submission of immediate past three years’ tax clearance certificate, (i.e. 2010, 201 1& 2012).
- Immediate past three years’ audited accounts of the company (2010, 2011 & 2012).
- Evidence of registration and remittance of Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Evidence of compliance with the relevant provisions of the Pensions Reform Act 2004.
- Evidence of compliance with the ITF ACT.
- Company Profile
- Evidence of key professional staff with relevant experience and registration with relevant professional bodies.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of similar jobs successfully executed. Such evidence shall be in form of valid letters of award of contract, contract agreement and completion certificate or interim payment certificates, where such jobs are still in progress.
- Evidence of financial capability and availability of bank support if awarded the contract. Please note that bankers’ letter merely stating that the applicant operates an account within a turnover range is not an adequate evidence of financial capability. (Adhere to the format as contained in the Bidding Document.)
- Verifiable evidence of accreditation membership or affiliation with original equipment manufacturers is essential.
- Any other relevant information will be an added advantage.
4. Collection of Bidding/ Request for Proposal Documents
A complete set of relevant documents in English language may be obtained from the address below on payment of a non-refundable fee of N30, 000.00 (Thirty Thousand Naira) only payable in cash to NIMET bank account or Bank Draft issued in favour of Nigerian Meteorological Agency. The documents will be collected on presentation of the receipt of payment (original and photocopy) at the Procurement Office.
5. Submission of Bidding
Bids must be delivered in an envelope containing two separately sealed envelopes marked technical and financial bids to the address below on or before 12:00 noon, 26th September, 2013. Bids will not be collected after this period. It is important that the name and mailing address of the bidder, including valid contact telephone number must be dearly marked on the envelopes and also in the contact address on letter of delivery.
6. Opening of Bids
Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of representatives of companies, who choose to be present at the Agency’s conference room at 2:00pm on 26th September, 2013. This advertisement also serves as an invitation to all stakeholders and the general public to the bids opening.
7. Bid Security
All bids must be accompanied by a bid security of 2 per cent of the bid value.
Bidders who do not scale through the technical evaluation stage shall have their financial bid(s) returned unopened.
For Enquiries, please call
07037775161(Head of Procurement) OR
E-mail Address: email@example.com
This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NIMET nor shall ft entitle responding contractors to seek any indemnity from NIMET by virtue of the contractors having responded to the advertisement.
NIMET reserves the right to verify claims made by any bidder.
The Nigerian Meteorological Agency is not obliged to accept the lowest or any tender.
Nigerian Meteorological Agency,
National Weather Forecasting & Climate Research Centre,
Nnamdi Azikwe International Airport, Abuja