Expression of Interest for Trainees in the Client and Citizen-Based Training Scheme of Sure-P’s Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Programmee
The presidency Federal Republic of Nigeria
Subsidy Reinvestment& Empowerment Programme
Request for Expression of Interest
Invitation for Expression of Interest for Trainees in the Client and Citizen-Based Training Scheme of Sure-P’s Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Programme
1.0 In line with Federal Government efforts to encourage wealth creation and mitigate the spate of youth unemployment in the country through the reinvestment of the funds realised from the partial removal of petroleum subsidy. The Technical, Vocational Education and Training (TVET) project was established as part of the Social Safety Net programme of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme (SURE-P) of the federal Government of Nigeria. The scheme is aimed at empowering young Nigerians with specialized skills to prepare them for existing job vacancies in both private and public sectors. The ultimate goal is to reduce unemployment among Nigerians youths and stimulate economic growth as part of the transformation agenda of the current administration while also enhancing opportunities towards the attainment of Vision 20:2020.
2.0 The training has been classified into two focus areas: Client-based and Citizen-based trainings .The scheme has the mandate to train young Nigerians to acquire skills in three broad areas: vocational/technical skills, life skills and entrepreneurship. It is aimed at bridging the job demand gaps in both the Client-based and Citizen-based industry areas.
3.0 Therefore application is invited from interested youths in the following areas of training.
3.1 Client Based Training:
This category of training focuses on equipping young Nigerians with the specialized skills needed to fill demand/skill gaps in client organisations. SURE-P’s demand studies have identified the following organisations that have capacity to offer paid employment to these trainees upon completion of the training programme:
The clients and their areas of trainee demand include:
- Nigeria Railway Cooperation (NRC): Rail track maintenance
- National Automotive Council(NAC) and Common Facility Centre: Up-skilling workshop for practicing auto-technicians
- National Power Training Institute of Nigeria(NAPTIN): Maintenance of electric power installation
- Galaxy Backbone: ICT-based enterprise promotion and Development.
- UNN/RFID centre of African University of Science and Technology: Mobile Device Engineering for People with Disabilities.
- Ajaokuta Steel Training Centre: Training in critical sectors of the steels industry.
3.2. Citizen Based Training:
This category of training focuses on equipping young Nigerians with such skills sufficient to make them employable and/or own their own businesses. The areas include the following:
- Agribusiness (crop and livestock production, processing and storage, marketing, mechanization etc)
- Woodworks, Furniture and Tillers.
4.0 Eligibility Criteria
- The scheme targets semi-skilled and unskilled Nigerians (males and females, graduates and non-graduates, not more than 45 years of age) who are willing to be trained in the areas enumerated above.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of SSCE or GCE or its equivalent. However applicants with higher qualifications (B.Sc/HND Electrical and Mechanical Engineering) may benefit from higher technical training such as in the case of NAPTIN training.
- Applicants must be Nigerians
5.0 How to apply
- The Project Implementation Unit (PIU) of TVET, SURE-P hereby invites interested unemployed and unskilled Nigerians to express interest in the scheme by visiting: sureptvet.nelexnigeria.com to apply online. Applicants should indicate their area of interest.
- Applicants can also access the SURE-P TVET programme by visiting www.nelexnigeria.com .
- Please note that all information will be verified before consideration for placement.
- Entry application closes on 27th October, 2014
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted through SMS and/or email.
- All applications must be made online.
- Application is Free.
- Late submissions will be rejected
- This advertisement is published for information purposes only and should not be construed as commitment or obligation on the part of SURE-P to award a job or contract.
- SURE-P will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by any interested applicant in connection with submission of an application or any response to an enquiry
- SURE-P is not bound to shortlist any applicant and reserves the right to reject or annul the application process at any time without incurring any liabilities and assigning any reason there for.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be considered and contacted.
7.0 Further Enquiries
Director, Technical Vocational and Education Training (TVET),
Project Implementation Unit, c/o Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity,
Phase 1 Federal Secretariat Complex Abuja