Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
P.M.B. 7267, Umuania, Abia State, Nigeria
Advertisement for Pre-Qualification and Tender
In compliance with the requirement of the Public Procurement Act of the Federal Government of Nigeria, the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU) Abia State, hereby invites interested, competent and reputable Science Equipment Manufacturers Agents and suppliers and building contractors with relevant experiences, requisite expertise, and good track record for timely delivery of projects to apply for Pre-qualification and Tender exercise for execution of the following Project YEAR 2013/2014 TETFUND: Special Intervention.
Lot 1: Centre for Child, Gender Development Women in Education and Agriculture Building
Lot 2: Extension of Senate Block (Alex Ekwueme Building)
Lot 3: Procurement and installation of teaching and learning resource materials for casap
Lot 4: College of Medicine’s Lecture halls/classrooms and Laboratories
Lot 5: Proposed school of post graduate studies building
Lot 6: Proposed Construction of bread & biscuit factory
Lot 7: Proposed Supply and installation of Bread and Biscuit Production Lines (Equipment)
2.0 Mandatory /Elig1bility Requirements
Interested eligible suppliers/contractors are required to submit the following documents specified below in order and page-numbered in order to qualify for consideration.
- Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years 2011-2013.
- VAT Certificate and VAT remittances to Federal inland Revenue Services (FIRS) in the last three years, (2011-2013).
- Evidence of compliance certificate with the provisions of the Pension Reform Acts, 2004 with (at least 5) employees on pension scheme.
- Audited company account for the last three (3) years U. 2011, 2012 and 2013).
- A sworn affidavit indicating that all documents submitted are genuine and verifiable.
- Consent to allow for verification of all the documents submitted including CAC, Inland Revenue, VAT remittances, Pension & Industrial Training Fund and company’s financial standing with the bankers.
- Evidence of compliance with the Statutory Provision of Section 8 (1 – 3) of the Industrial Training Fund (Amendment) Act 2011.
- Comprehensive company profile showing organizational structure, list of staff including curriculum vitae of key personnel involved in project implementation stating qualifications and professional registration where applicable (enclose photocopies of professional qualifications).
- Evidence of possession of a substantial proportion of equipment required to successfully execute the contract. State location of the plants and equipment for ease of verification.
- Evidence of Financial Capability with Bank reference letter indicating accessibility to credit facilities, with maximum amount stated.
- Bank statements of account for the last three months and letter authorizing the University to verify same from the Bank.
- Evidence of performance on similar verifiable and successfully executed projects in the last three years (2011-2013) stating: clients, location, letters of awards, cost with completion certificates and photographs attached.
- A sworn affidavit that none of the directors has been convicted in any country for a criminal offence including fraud or financial impropriety.
- Quality assurance/control manuals for the company.
3.0: Methods of Packaging/Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
Interested Contractors are required to prepare and submit their Bid Documents hand written in a sealed envelope. Clearly written at the top right corner of the envelope (Technical and Financial), the Project Title, Reference number of the project interested in, Lot No and the envelope should be addressed to:
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike
Room 214, Alex Ekwueme Building
Original documents should be available for sighting on demand during and after opening of pre-qualification documents. Contractors shall be required to pay a non-refundable processing fee of N20,000.00 (Twenty thousand naira only Per Lot) payable to Bursary Unit of Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike for collection of relevant Financial bid documents from the Office of the Director, Physical Planning.
4.0: Submission Of Bid Documents
The bid documents (Technical and Financial) should be submitted and dropped in a marked Box at the office of the Registrar, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike latest, on or before 12.00 noon, 24th November, 2014. Pre-qualification documents will be opened immediately on the same date in the Vice Chancellor’s Conference Room by 12.30pm in the presence of representatives of the companies who choose to attend.
Pre-qualified contactors shall be notified accordingly and shall show evidence of payment of Non-refundable fee to enable them obtain their tender documents. In submitting the Company profile please state clearly the company’s full contact address, GSM Phone number and e-mail address required for ease of communication.
5.0 Note Please
- Bidding will be conducted through the National Competitive Bidding (NCB) procedures as specifies in the Procurement Act, 2007.
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Procurement Officer MOUAU.
- Failure to satisfactorily fulfill this conditions as requested above will result to invalidation of such bid.
- MOUAU shall reserve the right to verify the authenticity of claims made by the bidding parries and reject any submission based on unverifiable information.
- Submission of bids by post or courier will not be acceptable and any bill received at the designated location after the required time and date snail be considered late and non responsive.
- Only shortlisted firms would be contacted.
- This advertisement is published for information purpose only and should not be considered as a commitment or obligation on the part of the Institution to award a contract.
- The Institution is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the biddings process without incurring any liabilities and assigning any reason thereof.
- MOUAU will not be responsible for any cost incurred by any interested party in connection with any response to an inquiry nor shall it entitle any party submitting documents to claim any indemnity from the Institution.
Dr A.C. Nwokocha