University of Calabar
Invitation to Tender
The University of Calabar intends to apply part of its 2014 capital appropriation for the procurement of some projects. Therefore, interested and reputable companies that can meet the technical requirements in section 2 below are invited to submit tenders for the projects list here under:
LIST OF PROJECTS
- Construction of access road from the ring road to the new office/lecture block;
- Construction of a parking lot;
- Rehabilitation of walkway linking halls 4,5, and 6,8 and 9;
- Supply of laboratory equipment to the Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Medical and Dentistry;
- Supply of laboratory equipment to the Department of Chemical Pathology, Faculty of Medical Dentistry.
Only companies that can show verifiable evidence of the documents listed below should apply and complete the pre-qualification documents:
- Company registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Corporate Affairs Commission forms Co2 and CO7, showing the directors of the company and share holding pattern for limited liability companies or their equivalent for enterprises;
- Company tax clearance certificates for the last three years, expiring in December, 2014 VAT registration and remittances;
- Company’s registration with the National pension Commission for contributory pension scheme for staff in accordance with the pension Reforms Act, 2014;
- Compliance with the Industrial Training Fund Act, 2011;
- A sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the university of Calabar is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid is true and correct in all material particular;
- Minimum turn-over in the tax clearance certificate in any of the last three years (i.e. 2011,2012, and 2013) shall not be less than 1.5 million, as company that submit turn-over less than the stipulated amount shall be disqualified;
- Payment of a tender fees of forty thousand Naira (N40,000.00) by bank draft, raised in favor of University of Calabar, at the Bursary department of the University.
- audited accounts for the past three years financial capability to execute the project;
- experience/technical qualifications of at least of three (3) key technical personnel, including photocopies of registration certificates with professional regulatory bodies (i.e. ARCON, COREN, QSRBN and CORBON for construction project);
- a minimum of three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years for government agencies, oil and gas sector, recognized international agencies and public quoted agencies, indicating their locations, letters of commission, job completion certificates for completed projects executed for individual shall not be accepted;
- details of key plants and equipment deemed to be relevant to the project, stating the year of manufacture and whether or not they are owned by the company or on hire;
- name of bankers, with references,
- companies which are currently handling projects for the University, and whose jobs are not up to 60% completion shall not be considered; and
Tender documents can be collected at the:
- Office of the Director of Physical planning University of Calabar
- On presentation of an official receipt from the Bursary Department of the university for the payment of the tender fee and photocopy of the bank draft.
- The above-listed requirements shall from part of the technical evaluation criteria and non-compliance with section 2.1 to 2.9 of the requirements, which are mandatory, shall result in automatic disqualification of the bidder.
- Eight (8) copies of the technical documents should be prepared, paginated or serialized in the order listed above and bound with a table of contents for each project. Non-adherence to this instruction shall result in the rejection of the bid.
- Completed financial and technical documents should be put in separate envelopes with the little of the project clearly written on the envelopes. The envelopes sealed, tied together, addressed to the:
Registrar University of Calabar, Calabar
And deposited in the tender box in the office of the Registrar.
The closing time and date for the submission of tender documents shall be 12noon, 11th November, 2014. Tenders brought after the closing time shall be rejected.
The tender documents shall be opened at 12.05pm on the closing date at Senate Chambers of the University. Bidders are invited to witness the opening of the documents.
The University is not bound to accept the lowest evaluated tender or any tender received.
Dr. (Mrs) Julia Omang (Registrar)