Federal Capital Development Authority
Office of the Executive Secretary
Invitation for the Expression of Interest
The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) through the Department of Public Buildings intends to build a Model Orientation Camp for the National Youth Service Corps at Kwali, FCT, on a 50Hectare piece of land located about 3-4km off the Abuja-Lokoja Road at Sheda Karami Village. The Camp is conceived as a model, to serve as the benchmark for other camps around the country, having state-of-the-art facilities that provide for a unique, aesthetically pleasing, and functional environment, conducive for the NYSC orientation activities as enshrined in the enabling legislation.
The FCDA has an appropriation for the project in the 2014 budget and therefore announces a two stage competition for the Architectural Design and Consultancy Services. The Expression of interest represents the first stage of the competition for selection of participants that will be invited to make design submissions at the second stage.
In line with the 2007 Public Procurement Act, the Authority is inviting interested, competent and reputable Architectural Consulting Firms to Express Interest in the Design Competition for the FCT Model National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Permanent Orientation Camp, Kwali by submitting prequalification documents.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The camp facilities are to cater for 7,000 (Seven Thousand) Corps Members and 500 (Five Hundred) Camp Officials, comprising 300 Civilian and 200 Military and Paramilitary personnel as itemised below:
- Accommodation for Corps Members and Camp Officials
- Administration Building and facilities for Corps Members Welfare.
- Facilities for Orientation Courses such as Lecture Halls, Classrooms, and Games Complex.
- Provisions for Camp Security.
- Anciliaries such as Storage Areas, Worship Centres and Broadcast facilities.
- Power, Water, Solid and Liquid Waste Networks including back-up facilities; Road Infrastructure and Fire Protection Systems.
- General Parking, Public Conveniences and ICT Infrastructure.
2.1 Green Technology
It is important to emphasize the importance of green construction/buildings to the initiative. As such, the design of the Orientation camp must incorporate processes that are resource efficient and environmentally friendly.
Interested Architectural Firms are invited to submit the following pre-qualification documents;
- Evidence of incorporation/registration of the Company with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), including Articles and -Memorandum of Association of the company and up to date Annual Returns with the CAC (forms C02 & C07 to be included),
- The Company should in addition show evidence of the following:
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
- Certificate of registration with Pencom and Remittance to Pension Fund Administrator.
- Payment of Training Contributions to the Industrial training Fund (ITF)
- Compliance with the employee’s Compensation Act (i.e.) Remittance of 1 % of the total emolument of your workers to the Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
(c). A sworn Affidavit to the effect that:
- The Company is not in receivership, insolvent or bankrupt
- The Company does not have any Director who has been convicted by any court in Nigeria or any other country for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety.
- There is or no officer of the relevant committees of the Procurement entity or Bureau who is a former or present director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder.
- That all the documents submitted for the pre-qualification bid are True and correct in all particulars
- Audited Accounts of the Bidder for the last three (3) years duly endorsed by a firm of Chartered Accountants.
- A chart indicating the number and categories of Nigerians that are to be employed by the company as a result of this project.
- Participating firms must be fully registered and current Architectural Firms, pursuant to the Architects (Reg. etc) CAP A19 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria. 2004.
- The principals of the Architectural firms must have current practice license.
- Letter authorizing FCDA to cross-check the company’s Bank account if necessary,
- Verifiable documentary evidence of experience” with similar Jobs successfully executed within the last five years based on the following:
List of projects of comparable-land size/area and comparable – functional, complexity with supporting details comprising brief description, contract value, implementation role, size and current status of project, In addition, Submission should also show proof of capacity by firms to execute the project to the desired architectural expression. This aspect of the EOI will be assessed from the architectural quality of realized or ongoing projects in the last five years. For this purpose, firms shall submit as part of their profiles clear images, architectural drawings or pictures of two to three of such designs (3 sheets per design, properly presented) to enable assessment of concept, expressiveness, design character etc.
Evidence of successful participation in other design competitions such as honours and citations; prizes or awards should also be submitted as part of the profile, where relevant.
- Proof of implementation across the various phases such as outline proposal, detailed proposal and final design realization; tender action through to practical completion supported by letters of commission or request for submissions; consultancy agreements and payment certificates.
- Proof of Green Technology competence.
- Proof of continuous professional activity for the last five years as an indication of professional reliability.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of adequacy of human and technical resources in line with the following: Personnel requirements backed by a functional organogram reflecting the attainment of baseline staffing needs (Number of staff/qualifications). Verifiable list of equipment and softwares to be used for carrying out the design assignment.
- To ensure synergy in the design process, participating architectural firms shall be the Lead Consultants’ in Association with other Firms expected to work in Association with the Architects (Registered Planners, Civil/Structural; Electrical and Mechanical Engineering; as well as Quantity Surveying firms). The participating architectural firms shall therefore submit as part of the documentation, the instruments binding the association as well as profiles of these other firms showing proof of registration with their relevant professional bodies and requisite experience in their various fields.
- History of Company’s policy on Community Social Responsibility.
- All interested Firms should collect Accompanying Competition Programme/Guidelines from the Procurement Department, Room 014 (Ground Floor) New FCDA Corporate Headquarters, No. 8 Ayangba Street, opposite NTA Abuja, Area 11. Garki Abuja and also visit the website of the FCDA AND THE Nigerian Institute of Architects at www.fcda.gov.ng and www.nigerianinstituteofarchitects.org respectively,
d) Submission of Documents:
The pre-qualification documents should be addressed to the Executive Secretary, FCDA and submitted in duplicate, in a Hard and an Electronic Copy (PDF Format on CD) all in sealed envelopes clearly marked “ORIGINAL” and “ELECTRONIC COPY” with the following inscription: “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN COMPETITION FOR THE NEW FCT MODEL NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS (NYSC) PERMANENT ORIENTATION CAMP, KWALI.” And should be addressed to The Director, Procurement Department, Federal Capital Development Authority, Room 014 (Ground Floor) New FCDA Corporate Headquarters, opposite NTA Abuja, Area 11, Garki Abuja on or before Wednesday 19th November, 2014, All documents will be publicly opened on the same day at the FCDA Conference Room, 3rd Floor, FCDA Corporate Headquarters, opposite NTA Abuja, Area 11, Garki Abuja after the close of bids at 12:00 noon in the presence of all bidders or their Representatives, Professional bodies, NGOs and other interested members of the public.
- Items 3a – 3d are the Eligibility Requirements and the Original documents must be produced by the Company for sighing during the opening session, PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION OF FAKE
DOCUMENTS IS A FRAUDLENT PRACTICE PUNISHABLE UNDERTHE RELEVANT LAWS
- All enquiries regarding the Expression of Interest should be addressed to the Director, Procurement Department, New FCDA Corporate Headquarters, opposite NTA Abuja, Area 11, Garki Abuja
- The photocopies of all professional certificates are to be initialed, endorsed by the owners and professional seal must be embossed on the professional certificates.
- Evaluation of the pre-qualification documents will be based on the proofs of documents submitted to back up their claims and only those that are successful will be invited for the Technical and Financial Proposals
- Registration with Bureau of Public Procurement is an added advantage
- Interested Firms are responsible for the registration, timely and safe submission of their pre-qualification documents means of delivery notwithstanding.
- The Authority shall carry out Due Diligence on the companies to verify claims included in their submissions.
- Interested members of the Public especially Non Governmental organization could attend at their own cost and will be required to introduce themselves to the chairman of the opening session.
- The Authority pledges fair and equal treatment of all bidders but it is bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the process at anytime without incurring any
Signed: Director, Procurement
For: Executive Secretary