Invitation for Technical and Financial Bids for the Execution of Year 2013 Capital Projects at The Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda, Zamfara State
The Federal Polytechnic
P.M.B 1012, Kaura Namoda, Zamfara State
Invitation for Technical and Financial Bids for the Execution of Year 2013 Capital Projects
1.1 The Federal Government allocated funds to the Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda under the Year 2013 Capital Appropriations. The Polytechnic intends to utilize part of the funds as follows:
i. Lot 1: Construction and Furnishing of One-Storey Block of 8Nos. Classrooms and 16 Nos. Offices for the School of Business and Management Studies.
ii. Lot 2: Perimeter Fencing at the Main Campus (Lot 1).
1.2 Competent, eligible and interested Contractors are hereby invited to submit Technical and Financial Bids in respect of the projects listed above.
Interested Contractors are required to forward their technical bid documents which must include the following verifiable documents.
1. Certificate of Incorporation/Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
2. Company Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three years (2009, 2010 and 2011)
3. Evidence of VAT registration and past remittances for the last three years (2009, 2010 and 2011)
4. Company audited account for the last three years (2009, 2010 and 2011) showing annual turn-over
5. Evidence of financial capability to execute the project form a reputable bank.
6. Comprehensive company profile showing qualifications of the Management and Technical staff including evidences of their experience on the execution of similar jobs.
7. List of verifiable relevant construction equipment indicating ownership or lease.
8. Verifiable list of similar projects Successfully executed
9. Evidence of Contribution to the industrial Training Fund (ITF)
10. Evidence of Certification/Exemption from PENCOM in accordance with the Pension Reform Act, 2004 including evidence of remittances of employee’s pension contribution/deductions
11. Letter authorizing the polytechnic to make enquiry into the documents submitted.
3.0 Collection of Bid Documents
A complete set of Bidding Documents (Tender) are to be collected by interested bidders from the office of the Ag. Director Physical Planning, Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda on presentation of evidence of payment of non-refundable tender fee of N15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Naira) only.
4.0 Submission of Bid Documents
The Technical and Financial Bids should be submitted in three (3) sets which must include one (1) original and two (2) photocopies enclosed in separate sealed envelopes clearly marked “Technical” and “Financial” Bids. Both Envelopes should be put in another envelope marked with the appropriate Project Title and Lot Number at the top right hand corner of the envelope.
The sealed Bids are to be submitted to the address below, not later than 12.00 noon of the day after the expiration of 13th November 2013. Late submission of bid will not be entertained.
Kaura Namoda, Zamfara State.
5.0 Opening of Bids
The Technical bids will be publicly opened at 12.00 noon at the Council Chamber of the Polytechnic immediately after the close of the submission date and time. Only bidders who scaled through the technical bidding exercise will be invited to the public opening of the financial bids. Bidders or their representatives, relevant professional bodies and NGOs are invited to witness the public opening exercise
1. A bidder can only submit one bid out of the two (2) Lots.
2. The Polytechnic will not enter into any correspondence with any unqualified bidder and is not bound to accept the lowest bid.
3. This advertisement shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of the Polytechnic nor shall it entail any bidder to make any claim(s) whatsoever and/or to seek any indemnity from the Polytechnic by the virtue of such bidder having responded to the advertisement.
4. The polytechnic is not bound to accept bids sent by courier or post
Alh. Salisu A. Chiroma, mnim