Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Contractors for Construction/Re- Modeling of Schools in Enugu State by Enugu State Universal Basic Education Board (ENSUBEB)
Enugu State Universal Basic Education Board (ENSUBEB)
Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Contractors for Construction/Re- Modeling of Schools in Enugu State
In pursuance of the programme of the Government of Enugu State of Nigeria for educational transformation and in compliance with the Federal Government guidelines on public procurement and award of contracts, The Enugu State Universal Basic Education Board (ENSUBEB) hereby invites interested, competent and reputable Civil Engineering Companies with relevant experience, requisite expertise, and good track record for timely delivery of projects, to apply for construction /remodelling works in primary and junior secondary schools in Enugu State under years 2011 (4th Quarter) to 2013 UBEC/ENSUBEB intervention kind projects.
Scope of Work
Lot 1: Construction of 6-10 classroom blocks with Toilets and Library and other appurtenance with cement block materials
Lot 2: Construction of 6 classroom blocks and other appurtenance with pre-fab materials
Lot 3: Re-modelling of existing school buildings
Lot 4: Construction of modern toilets
Interested and competent companies are required to submit the following pre-qualification documents for assessment:
- Sworn affidavit indicating that all documents submitted are genuine and verifiable.
- Consent to allow for verification of all documents submitted.
- Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years 2012-2014.
- VAT certificate and VAT remittances to Federal Inland Revenue Services (FIRS) in the last three years (2012-2014).
- Evidence of compliance with the provision of the Pension Acts. 2004 with at least (5) employees on pension scheme.
- Evidence of compliance with tie statutory provision of section 8 (1-3) of the Industrial Training Fund (Amendment)Act. 2011.
- Comprehensive Company Profile containing the organizational chart and names, resume, telephone numbers of key personnel, stating their roles, qualification and years of experience (COREN, CORSON, ARCON, QSRBN).
- The Company must have a professional Engineer with COREN certification (or higher), who is actively involved with the organization.
- Evidence of possession of a substantial proportion of equipment required to successfully execute the contract (where applicable) indicating ownership or lease. State location of the plants and equipment for ease of verification.
- Audited company account for the last three (3) year i.e. (2011, 2012 and 2013)
- Evidence of financial capability with Sank reference letter indicating accessibility to credit facilities with maximum amount stated.
- Irrefutable/concrete evidence of financial capability to execute and complete the project.
- Bank statements of account for the last three months and letter authorizing fire Board to verify same from the bank.
- Evidence of performance on similar verifiable and successfully executed projects in the last three years (2011 – 2013) starting, clients, location, letters of awards cost with completion certificates and photographs attached.
- A sworn affidavit that none of the directors have been convicted in any country for any criminal offence inducting fraud or financial impropriety.
- Quality assurance control manuals for the company.
- Any other document that may place your company on comparative advantage.
- Companies which are currently handling projects for ENSUBEB, and whose jobs are not up to 80% completion level shall not be considered.
Please note that non-compliance with the above requirements may render applications invalid.
Methods of Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents (Electronic Registration)
In compliance with the State Government requirement to effectively utilize ICT Facilities in the documentation of projects, data, human resource and project management, each company is required to register and submit all documents online by visiting the following website: www.tendersvault.com/ensubeb
In addition, interested contractors are required to prepare and submit their pre-qualification documents in one (1) hard copy in a sealed envelope. The top right corner of the envelope must clearly show the project Title, phone number of the main contact person, and the envelope should be addressed to:
The Executive Chairman
Enugu State Universal Basic Education Board (ENSUBEB)
N99 Upper Presidential Road, Independence layout, Enugu State.
Original documents should be available for sighting on demand during and after opening of prequalification documents.
Deadline for Submission:
The pre-qualification documents should be submitted and dropped in a marked box at the Office of the Executive Chairman, Enugu State Universal Basic Education Board (ENSUBEB), Independence Layout, on or before 12:00 noon, December 30th 2014.
Pre-qualified contractors should be notified accordingly and shall visit the website address above to enable them obtain their tender documents.
- By the submission of pre-qualification documents, ENSUBEB is neither committed nor obliged to award any contract to any contactor/supplier or agents.
- This invitation for pre-qualification is not an invitation to tender for the projects. This shall not be constructed as a commitment on the part of the Board, nor shall it entitle any contractor/supplier to make any claims whatsoever or seek any indemnity from ENSUBEB.
- That due diligence would be followed as all documents would be verified including the past executed works and contractors’ offices shall be visited. Any discrepancies found would disqualify the contractor/company.
- Only contractors that have been pre-qualified and found suitable will be Invited to competitively tender for projects.