Federal University Lafia
P.M.B. 146, Obi Road, Lafia, Nasarawa State
Invitation for Pre-Qualification for Sundry Projects and Services
- Federal University, Lafia, hereby invites interested and reputable contractors, suppliers and consultants to submit pre-qualification and Expression of interest documents for the following projects funded as indicated:
- Construction of Faculty of Science Administrative Building.
- Construction of Entrepreneurship Centre.
- Construction of Sports Complex.
- Construction of 500-sitting capacity lecture hall, including furnishing.
- Construction and furnishing of 1 no block of 4 classrooms.
- Supply of library equipment; and
- Provision of Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (M&E), Quantity Surveying Consultancy Services.
B. Needs Assessment of Nigerian Public Universities Special Presidential intervention
a. Construction of 1 no block of 4 classrooms.
C. Capital allocation
a. Supply and Installation of Multi-media Language Laboratory (MLL) equipment.
Scope of work
The scope of work and specifications will be contained in the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) to be issued to pre-qualified companies.
Interested companies should submit copies of the underlisted documents, originals of which should be made available for sighting during the bid opening:
- Evidence of incorporation of company with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and Article of Memorandum of Association.
- Evidence of up-to-date annual returns with CAC.
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years, with Tax Identification Number (TIN).
- Evidence of VAT registration and remittance.
- Evidence of ITF contribution, in compliance with ITF Amendment Act, 2011.
- Current PenCom certificate as evidence of compliance with the Pension Reform Act.
- Evidence of registration with the Nigerian Social insurance Trust Fund (NSITF).
- Company’s audited account for the last three (3) years.
- Evidence of financial capability or banking support.
- Sworn Affidavit in line with the provisions of Part iv, Section 16 and Section 6(c, e and f) of the PPA 2007.
- Evidence of current registration with relevant regulatory body as applicable.
- Comprehensive Company profile and organizational structure, with list of key personnel to be deployed on the project showing their technical qualification and experience.
- List of similar and verifiable projects executed (copies of Letters of contract award and completion certificates) within the last three (3) years.
- List of equipment to be used and their locations. State whether the equipment are owned or leased; and
- A letter authorizing the University to verify claims made in the submission.
Additional Requirement for Expression of Interest for Consultancy Services
- Letter of Application.
- Evidence of registration of Principal Partners or Director(s) with relevant professional regulatory body (ARGON, COREN, QSRBN); and
- Current practice licence from appropriate professional Registration Council.
Verification of Claims
Federal University Lafia reserves the right to verify claims made in the pre-qualification documents submitted by interested companies.
Submission of Pre-qualification documents
(a) Works and Supplies
Two copies of all prequalification documents should be submitted insealed envelopes with the inscription “Pre-Qualification for (Project Name)” clearly indicated on the top right hand corner. These should be enclosed in a bigger sealed envelope with the inscription “Pre-Qualification for (Project Name)” at the top-right hand corner.
Four (4nos) soft-bound copies and soft copy of the full application (including scanned copies of all attachments) in a flash-drive/compact disk should each be submitted in separate sealed envelopes with the inscription “Expression of Interest/Pre-qualification for (type of consultancy service)” at the top right hand corner. These should be enclosed in a bigger sealed envelope with the inscription “Expression of Interest/Prequalification for (Project Name)” at the top-right hand corner.
Pre-qualification documents should be addressed to: The Registrar, Federal University Lafia, PM.B. 146, Lafia, Nasarawa State and dropped in the box designated for specific project as marked on the box. Submission boxes are located at the Training Room, Security Administrative block, Federal University Lafia.
All Submissions must be received not later than 12noon on the November 4th 2014. No Submission will be accepted beyond this time. Bids shall be opened publicly on the same day, November 4th 2014 at 12noon in the Training Room, Security Administrative block, Federal University Lafia.
- Only pre-qualified companies shall be contacted to collect document for financial bids.
- Participation in this pre-qualification exercise and any related process neither creates any commitment nor establishes any legal relationship with the Federal University Lafia or any of its officers.
- Any further clarification on this Invitation for pre-qualification should be addressed to the Registrar at least 10days before the closing date for the submission of bids.