University of Lagos, Nigeria
Invitation for Pre-Qualification Exercise
The University wishes to invite reputable and seasoned contracting firms with proven track record and expertise to express interest in the projects listed below.
|S/N||Project||ContractNumber||Scope||Non-Refundable Pre-QualificationFee (N: K)|
|1||Supply, installation and commissioning of a Cummins or equivalent 2000KVA, 1I.0KV power Generating set||UL/CP/14/12||The project comprises of the supply, installation and commissioning of a Cummins or equivalent 2000KVA. 11.0KV power generating set that will work in sync with existing Cummins generator.||30,000.00|
|2||Construction of Swimming Pool Pavilion||UL/CP/14/13||The scope of work for the project will include the construction of a pavilion of 500scating capacity spectator stand for an existing Olympic sized swimming pool.The pavilion is expected to have the following facilities; changing room, control room, instructors room and toilets as well as ancillary facilities on the basement floor.||30,000.00|
1A Compulsory and Mandatory Requirements
- Evidence of registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Company Audited Account for the last three years duty stamped.
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years.
- Evidence of Value Added Tax (VAT) registration.
- Evidence of registration with National Pension Commission, in compliance with the provisions of section 16 (6)(d) of the Public Procurement Act 2007 as related to Pensions.
- Evidence of compliance with the statutory provision of section 6(l)-(3) of the (ITF) Industrial Training Fund Amendment Act, 2011.
- Evidence of payment of the Non-refundable Pre-qualification Fees at the UNILAG Cash Office or Bank Certified Cheque
Please note that failure to provide any of the above will automatically disqualify the Bidder.
1B. Other Requirements:
- List a resource of equipment to be used for the project.
- Indication of Technical and Administrative Staff strength, with academic/ professional qualifications and years of experience of key personnel available for the project Bank reference from a reputable Bank.
- Verifiable evidence of similar jobs successfully executed or being executed in Nigeria over the last five years stating, type, cost with evidence of award and completion.
Collection of Documents
Pre-qualification forms shall be made available to interested companies on presentation of the receipt issued at the Cash Office of the University in respect of the Pre-qualification exercise, from:
The Office of the Deputy Director
Directorate of Works and Physical Planning Department
Commercial Road (Near FORTE Petrol Station)
University of Lagos
Submission Of Documents
The Pre-qualification documents, neatly arranged, spiral bound and sealed in an envelope should be identified with the project contract number at the top left hand corner of the envelope and marked as “Pre-Qualification Documents for…….(Please state the specific project)”. The sealed envelope should be addressed and submitted to:
Fifth Floor, Senate House
C/o Council Affairs Office
University of Lagos
not later than 12:00noon on the 12th November, 2014. Bids will be opened at the University Council Chambers in the presence of the prospective Contractors immediately after the close of submission. Attendance at this opening event is important.
Participation in the Pre-qualification exercise and any related process neither creates any commitment nor establishes any legal relationship with the University of Lagos. It is a pre-condition for further consideration of bid in line with due process.
Dr. (Mrs.) Taiwo F. Ipaye, M.NIM
Registrar & Secretary to Council