Expression of Interest (EoI) for the Supply and Implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning at Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC)
Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission
Adamawa Plaza Plot 1099 First Avenue Off Shehu Shagari Way,
Central Business District, PMB 136, Garki, Abuja
Expression of Interest (EoI) for the Supply and Implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (‘NERC’/ ‘Commission’) is the independent regulatory agency established by the Electric Power Sector Reform (EPSR) Act 2005 and officially mandated, amongst other things, to ensure sound financial health of the licensed utilities in the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI). This is with a view to ensuring their continuous operations as going concern entities thereby guaranteeing adequate security of electricity supply for the economic growth of the nation.
Following the successful completion of the privatization of PHCN successor companies and their subsequent taken over by the core private investors, the Commission is now focusing on executing its responsibility for monitoring and reviewing the financial and accounting performance of its licensed utilities. This enables the Commission to ascertain the financial health of the utilities, in addition to determining the propriety of any request for a tariff adjustment.
Scope of Work
The service involves the supply and implementation of an appropriate ERP solution which will support the following areas of NERC’s operations
- Finance and Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Inventory Management
- Facility Management
- Fleet and Vehicle Management
- Project Management
In addition, the service will also require the following:
- The supply of associated systems software, including standard utilities and other software tools that may be required to run the solution(s)
- Provision of maintenance and after sales support for the applications
- Provision of user and administrator training
- Provision of user manuals and other required systems documentation
- Registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
- Three (3) years (2011 – 2013) Current Tax Clearance Certificate and VAT Registration including TIN No.
- Evidence of Pension Compliance Certificate.
- Evidence of compliance with Industrial Training fund (ITF) Act, 2011.
- Detailed company profile, including evidence of technical competence, duly signed curriculum vitae of professional staff proposed for the projects, academic and professional certification, proof of registration of key personnel with relevant professional bodies, as well as name and e-mail address of contact person.
- Duly signed Audited Accounts by chartered accounting firm for the preceding 3 years (2011 -2013).
Submission Of Expression Of Interest
Detailed terms of reference for the exercise shall be made available upon being shortlisted. Expression of interest must be submitted in three (3) hard copies with one (1) original, on or before 12.00 Monday 27th October, 2014 with the inscription on the top left corner of the envelopes: Expression of Interest for the “Supply and Implementation of an Enterprise Resource Planning Solution”. EOI must be dropped into the tenders’ box in the Commission’s Secretariat at Room 203 2nd Floor Adamawa Plaza.
Alternatively, further information can be obtained at the Procurement Unit, Room 112 First Floor Adamawa Plaza Plot 1099 CBD, Abuja from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday to Friday.
The Commission is not bound to short-list any firm and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any cost or assigning any reason thereof.