Commission DE LA CEDEAO
Client: ECOWS Commission
Type: Expression of Interest (EOI)
Title: Recruitment of a Consultant (Firm) for the Review and Finalization of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Policy document and development of a Master Plan for the ECOWAS Institutions
The strategic vision of ECOWAS leaders is to transform the organization from an ECOWAS of States to an ECOWAS of peoples by the year 2020. To achieve this, ECOWAS needs to strengthen its drive by putting in place more cost-effective and versatile Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems and Policies for all its institutions. These include:
a) Prepare ECOWAS for the future as a player in the knowledge economy
b) Transform the organization into an e-savvy efficient machinery and an e-business environment.
c) Review its ICT infrastructure and resources (software, hardware and equipment, networks) usage, replacement, maintenance.
d) Review ICT competences (knowledge and skills) and required training for staff
e) Provide specific direction and focus areas in terms of projects to pursue towards Vision 2020 end goals
f) Propose/indicate best practices
g) Assess resources available/required with cost estimates
h) Evaluate impact on the accomplishment of goals
2. In 2003, the ECOWAS Commission set up a Coordination Committee for the computerization of its institutions. The Coordination Committee launched its activities by organizing meetings for ICT experts from all ECOWAS Institutions.
The meetings helped inform on ECOWAS’ ICT vision and revealed the inadequate ICT levels in some of its institutions.
Therefore at its 6th Coordination meeting held in 2009, in Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso, it was decided that a blueprint be drafted to help develop a clear plan for the harmonization and integration of all ICT plans of ECOWAS Institutions.
3. The objectives of this assignment are:
- To develop an ICT Master Plan for all ECOWAS Institutions, Specialized Agencies and projects aligned with regional strategy.
- To define a vision for the use of ICT services as a strategic tool.
- To review and finalize existing draft ICT Policy documents to support the administrative functions and business operations of all ECOWAS Institutions (see annex).
The plan should align with the strategic vision of ECOWAS and be flexible to adapt to the dynamic changes in modern technologies.
The plan would require the review of the enterprise ICT Infrastructure, Resources and ICT document of ECOWAS (where it exists). It should highlight current strengths, weaknesses and identify/recommend improvement strategies.
4. For the realization of the mission, the firm shall at least:
a) Be a consultancy office with at least 8 years international experience in ICT-related strategic planning and management field
b) Have the relevant key staff with at least a Master Degree in one or more of the following fields: Information System management, Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), Project management (information systems), Business management, Network and communication management, ICT Governance Risk and Control, Other related field.
c) Consultant should be fluent in one of the ECOWAS working languages (English, French, or Portuguese). Ability to work in either of the other two languages will be an added advantage.
5. The selection procedure will be based on Quality and Cost (SBQC) in accordance with the ECOWAS Tender Code. ECOWAS Commission is under no obligation to shortlist any Consultant who expresses interest.
6. A shortlist of six firms which present the best profiles shall be drawn up after the expression of interest.
7. The firms that are part of an international network are to submit one expression of interest.
8. The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Consultants (Firm) to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Consultants must provide information showing that they are qualified to perform the services:
- List of staff and expertise of the consultant for the mission.
- List of verifiable technical references for similar to this mission benefits: list of previous clients and contacts for this type of mission stating the year and the cost of the mission.
- The address of the Office (location, contact, BP, telephone, Fax, Email).
9. Interested Consultants may wish to apply as a consortium to enhance their profile and chance of being qualified.
10. Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am (GMT+1) to 5.00 pm (GMT+1), Procurement Division, Directorate of General Administration, ECOWAS Commission, Plot 101, Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria or by E-mail to this following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Expression of Interest must be delivered in sealed envelope and clearly marked “Recruitment of a Consultant (Firm) for the Review and Penalization of information and Communication Technology (ICT) Policy document and development of a Master Plan for the ECOWAS institutions to the address below latest by Thursday November 14,2013 at 11.30 am (GMT+1):
The ECOWAS Tender Box is located in the Office of the Executive Assistant of the Commissioner, Administration & Finance, 5th Floor ,-ECOWAS Commission, 101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro district, P. M. B. 401 Abuja Nigeria.
12. This request for EOI can also be viewed on the following websites: www.ecowas.int/services
Commissioner, Administration & Finance