Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Consultants for the Consultation and Study Assessment of the Forest Potential in South of Nigeria at Ekiti State Government
Ekiti State Government
Ministry Of Budget, Economic Planning and Service Delivery (MBEP&SD)
Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Consultants for the Consultation and Study Assessment of the Forest Potential in South of Nigeria (Ekiti State)
The Ekiti State Government is presently in partnership with the United Nation, Development Programme for the study assessment of the forest potential in south of Nigeria (a case study of Ekiti State). The forest reserves in Ekiti State provides for over 80 per cent of the income of the population through agriculture and this also represents about 90 per cent of the state’s gross Domestic Product (GDP). The main revenue is from tree crops such as cocoa, oil palm and timber. The latter including both the native and exotic species. Forestry offers a lot of investment opportunities in the state. The State is therefore with the help of funding from the United Nations Development Programme gearing up efforts to manage the forest reserves well for both the native and the exotic tree species. The forest vegetation has also served as a springboard for the production of various economic tree crops, chief of which is cocoa, which remains the mainstay of the state’s economy.
In order to protect the dwindling forest reserves as a result of man’s activities in the area, the state government in partnership with UNDP is looking towards conducting a forest management and potential assessment for the state’s forest reserves. The office of the Honourable commissioner for Ministry of Budget, Economic planning and Service delivery wishes to invite interested and qualified consultants to submit relevant organisation documents for pre-qualification.
Scope of Work
Develop a strategic document that would reflect the assessment and potentials of Ekiti State Forest reserves with recommendation on a sustainable management frame work that would protect the forest reserves based on the following
- Extent of forest resources
- Biological diversity
- Forest health and vitality
- Productive functions and forest resources
- Protective functions of forest resources
- Socio-economic functions
- Legal, policy and institutional framework
- Monitoring Measures for sustainable forest management
All completed tenders must be accompanied with the following:
- Evidence of certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- Evidence of income Tax Payment for the last three years
- Evidence of Executing Similar Jobs in the arid zone of Nigeria, with the certificate of completion.
- Evidence of Ekiti State Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three financial years
- Evidence of payment of Ekiti State development levy for the last three financial years
- Evidence of registration of Business premises in Ekiti State
- Reference letter from a reputable bank
Submission of Tender
Two (2) Copies of Completed tender documents must be submitted not later than
19th August, 2013 in sealed envelopes and marked at the top right hand corner “TENDER FOR FOREST ASSESSMENT” to
The Honourable Commissioner
Ekiti State Ministry of Budget, Economic planning and Service Delivery (MBEP&SD),
New State Secretariat Complex, Ado Ekiti.
- This advert is not a commitment on the part of Ekiti State MBEP&SD Office nor shall it entitle companies to make any claims whatsoever from the State Government.
- The Ekiti State Ministry of Budget, Economic planning and Service Delivery (MBEP&SD) reserves the right to veto any claims by potential bidders.
- Full bidding procedures shall only be applied to consultants that have pre-qualified and found to be capable of executing the projects.
Mr Biodun Oyebanji
Hon. Commissioner for (MBEP&SD)/Partnership Manager
For further enquiries
Mr Babasola Faniyan (Director Multilaterals)
Email: email@example.com: Mobile: 08068442911
Mr Akinluyi (Director Forestry, Ministry of Environment),
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org: Mobile: 08033703686