Invitation to Bid at Ministry of Health, Lagos State
Lagos State Government
Ministry of Health
Procurement and Installation of Neonatal Medical Equipment in State General Hospitals and the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital
Invitation to Bid
In line with the Lagos State Health Sector Reform Policy and the 4-year Phased Infrastructural Development Initiative, there is an on-going phased equipping of health facilities in the State.
Neonatal death (which is the death of a baby in its first 4 weeks of life) accounts for 40% of all under-five mortality. To attain the goal of significantly reducing this under-five mortality rate in the State, the issue of neonatal deaths must be addressed.
Lagos State Government is therefore desirous of strengthening the delivery of neonatal care services in secondary and tertiary healthcare facilities across Lagos State.
2.0 Project Scope
This is the holistic supply and installation of Neonatal equipment required for the upgrade of the secondary health facilities providing neonatal care as well as LASUTH in order to maximize effectiveness of the facilities.
3.0 Requirements from Interested Parties
In order to be pre-qualified, the prospective company must possess the requisite capabilities and relevant experience in the supply and installation of similar equipment for Health facilities.
3.1 Legal Status and Profile
- Full name of company and contact person, postal address, telephone/fax numbers and e-mail address.
- Ownership structure including names(s) of stakeholders and percentage shareholdings.
- Company registration including Certificate of Incorporation, Certified true copies of Memorandum and Articles of Association and CAC Form CO7.
- Evidence of registration with the Lagos State Tenders Board.
3.2 Relevant Experience
Provide evidence of previous experience in carrying out similar projects including the following details:
- Name of Project
- Brief description
- Scope of Work
- Contract Value
- Nature of Contract
- Name and address of a referee in client’s company
3.3 Financial Capacity and Evidence of Tax Payment
Provide the following information
- Most recent 3-year Audited Financial Statements and latest Management Accounts
- Evidence of available financing and /or access to credit line for the project where necessary.
- Evidence of payment of personal tax by Company’s Directors
- Evidence of company’s payment of tax
3.4 Un-priced Bill of Quantities
A copy of the un-priced Bill of Quantities is available in room 617, Block 4, Ministry of Health on payment of a non refundable fee of N 10,000.00.
- i. Bids must be delivered in quintuplicate (original and five other copies) and in Tamper Evident Envelopes addressed to the Honourable Commissioner for Health, Lagos State Ministry of Health, Room 505, Block 4, The Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja not later than 5.00pm, 14th September, 2013
- ii. All costs incurred by respondents as a result of this Invitation to Bid and any subsequent requests for information shall be for respondent’s account only.
- iii. The State Government is neither committed nor obliged to award the Contracts to a particular Bidder based on the information provided. The Bids submitted shall be evaluated and only Companies that meet our requirements and are able to satisfactorily prove their competence would be favourably considered.
- iv. Further information/clarification could be obtained from the Director, Healthcare, Planning, Research and Statistics, Lagos State Ministry of Health, The Secretariat, Alausa, Ikeja from 10am to 4pm., Monday through Friday.
DR. JIDE IDR1S
Honourable Commissioner for Health